General Well it's goodbye from me

Currently reading:
General Well it's goodbye from me

bobbyblue

Well Croma owners it's goodbye from me as I consign my Croma to the 'Cars I previously owned' list. I have had four years of at first infuriating but then rewarding ownership. The car has still only done 78k miles but I felt I wanted a change, I only got £1200 px and would have easily sold it for more than this privately but wanted a quick sale being very busy at the moment. I suffered most of the common Croma problems in the first two years of ownership but the over the last two the car has been very reliable. If anyone sees my old car for sale Reg no. AJ06 EWD, 1.9 JTD Dynamic I would say it is a good buy. I have bought a Citroen C5 (I can hear the laughing) but after a test drive I was convinced it was for me and I know Citroen has made great strides in the reliability department - I hope. I would like to thank the forum and it's members for all the invaluable advice and witty banter over the last four years and may all your EGR valves be trouble free. I will of course look in from time to time to get my Croma fix. :D

Evo no 1

It's an 09 plate 2.0 HDi VTR+ 4dr. It drives beautifully and is so comfortable. It has a fuel consumption slightly better than the Croma.

Please come back and tell us if you were right and we were wrong. I have never looked at the C5 forum, but it can't be as much fun!!
Will do, I expect it will smell of garlic and be selling snails and onions in the classified ads :yuck:

Yes, good luck. Is it a genuine Citroen with floaty air suspension, or is it a Peugeot?

Yes, good luck. Is it a genuine Citroen with floaty air suspension, or is it a Peugeot?
It's the coil sprung version, apparently you only get the hydroactive suspension on the Exclusive model. There is a chance my Croma may be staying in the family, the PX I was offered was so pathetic a relative has expressed an interest so it may be going to East Anglia.

If it turns out to be as good as my fathers C5(2002 model)it wont be bad at all.And the other plus,its on springs.Less to go wrong.Opps sorry.

OK guys, I said I would report back on the Citroen C5 2.0HDi I bought to replace my Croma. Well, so far so good, I've had it 4 months now and it hasn't missed a beat, it has proved to be as economical as my 1.9JTD 8v was and is more comfortable and refined. The ride is a bit nervous on the back end over bumpy roads and getting in and out is a challenge after the Croma (I'm 6ft 3in & 19 stone).
Unfortunately the alternator failed for the Croma's new owner a week after I sold it, this was a brand new one I fitted only 35k miles ago! still miss the Croma a bit though. BTW I forgot to say the C5 forum is not a patch on the Fiat Forum.

Last edited:
Back