Technical weekend faults

Currently reading:
Technical weekend faults

falcoron

Hi all,
Just joined today,
Ive bought a 99 weekend 105 jtd and it goes great, But (there's always a but) i have a few problems,
1, steering is really weird, it will dive to the left really quickly when slightly turned and not so much to the left. It will veer slightly to the right when you let go of the wheel. I think i need her aligned as the tyres seem to be scrubbing a little on the inside of both fronts.
2. the fuel injection light comes on sometimes but performance is not affected
3, the lights are crap! very low, low beam, and i can drive on full beam and not annoy anyone! adusters are working and are set up at the highest setting.
apart from these little bits and peices it drives really well, very punchy engine and smooth ride.
Can anyone help?
Cheers
Ron

Cheers Bulldog,
mine is the same as yours (oh missus!) weekend in red, what wheels are you using? looks the dogs!
what tyre would you recommend (just normal driving nothing sporty)
Cheers again.
Ron

haha

He doesn't have one yet! You've got the same as mine though. Some of the steering wobble could be due to worn lower arms and track rod ends. Mines a little like that and I'll be replacing them soon. It cured a similar problem on my diesel Tipo.

Lights are pretty poor on the marea.
There are 2 types as well.
The ones on the lower models are diabolical. You can improve them slightly with the extra bright white bulbs.
The ones on the higher end models are better but still not brilliant.

Hellcat said:
haha

He doesn't have one yet! You've got the same as mine though. Some of the steering wobble could be due to worn lower arms and track rod ends. Mines a little like that and I'll be replacing them soon. It cured a similar problem on my diesel Tipo.

lol, yeah i dont actually have one just yet, aiming for aobut 3 months (y)

:worship: Thanks,
The fuel injection light is now staying on all the time, there dosent seem to be any loss in performance, can anyone shed a little light on this and what i should do to fix it. will it be ok to drive.
Cheers
Ron

We've got a 2.4 Turbo Estate. The fuel injection warning light comes on when it feels like it!

If (and I am talking about a bit of motorway driving) you put your foot down the light comes on and then if you back off slightly, and I mean slightly, it goes out never to reappear. Sometimes when driving round town it never comes on.

Performance and conmsumption are consistent and reliable.

I think we are dealing with standard Fiat electronics, basically crap, but the car is fun to drive.

Our other car is a 5 series estate, not new but technically brilliant. Have to say though the Fiat always gives me a buzz.

Back