Currently reading:
Wee Hector my Sporting ABARTH

ROBTECH

P270513_18.52.jpg

P270513_18.52_[01].jpg

P270513_18.52_[02].jpg

P270513_18.56_[03].jpg

thought i'd add some pics of my 98 sei sporting abarth

i have had lots of cars over the years and have modified all of them in one way or another my other cars are a mk1 golf cabrio and a highly tuned saab and can safely say i'd rather take the fiat any day its just such a great car

Look nice! Bonnets not to my taste but it would be boring if we were all the same! Nice shine on thoses wheels too :)

bonnet wasnt done by myself but one of the previous owners ,when i got it the bonnet vents were chrome and looked like stuck on plant pots looked awful awful, since then i cut them down to sit the way they do more flush painted them black and meshed them and yep there functional too not for silly induction but to aid cooling as the other vent on the bonnet is also functional as theres a hole under it so air goes in straight onto the engine and the warm air created gets blown out the top which also helps in winter by creating warm air being blown on the windscreen helping with ice removal.

personally i would rather have a standard bonnet but the it does work and ive had a lot of folk thinking ive got some turbo crazy engine under

since buying the car i have done the folowing

re done the wheels gloss black and fitted 4 new 175 50 14 tyres even has a 14" spare wheel which i had to get after i discovered it has uprated punto gt calipers so 13" spare dont fit..doh

head gasket done reskimmed etc all new cooling system fitted matrix radiator etc inc timing belt

recent work complete new exhaust inc cat new proper bosch lambda k&n panel filter new bosch spark plugs

good service inc all oils fluids

new front suspension arms febi bilstein ones
too fit 2 new magnetti coil packs fuel filter

few wee jobs still too do soon which will be gearbox mounts sort out the creaky rear end which ive identified as the spare wheel not being secure enough rather than rear arm bushes

and to replace the pain in the butt fuel filler cap which works fine when theres not a que in the petrol station DOH, always run the car on shell super unleaded too as it does make a difference

car also get polised a lot and recently had 4 coats of autoglym HD wax applied

Back