webcam

Currently reading:
webcam

Thats outrageous, these cameras are sposed to be for safety and security and should only be used for official use. Not plastered all over the net. :mad:

Thats outrageous, these cameras are sposed to be for safety and security and should only be used for official use. Not plastered all over the net. :mad:

On the contary security staff cannot monitor EVERY camera 24/7

If people like us are viewing and notice something its more likly to be spotted with a quick phone call ;)

Yeah but you dont expect the places that you go to broadcast it in such a way. I can understand these Police camera programs and using them for official use but this kind of broadcast is unacceptable IMO.
Where does it stop. Is the guy in the office next door funny? Why dont you just stick a camera on him all day and stream it on the net?
Its just not what you do is it. I think this kind of thing is the true start of Big Brother. :mad:

Yeah but you dont expect the places that you go to broadcast it in such a way. I can understand these Police camera programs and using them for official use but this kind of broadcast is unacceptable IMO.
Where does it stop. Is the guy in the office next door funny? Why dont you just stick a camera on him all day and stream it on the net?
Its just not what you do is it. I think this kind of thing is the true start of Big Brother. :mad:

but this is a street
its not zooming in on one person

You can pick at the credentials all you like. I still dont think its right and have no doubt that they know this ;)
Its a Viral stunt and will expect people to get annoyed to create publicity.

Dude...seriously?!?

This type of webcam facing into a public area have been about for years, and this is you just getting upset about it?

Hell, even one of the local councils here have cameras on their website facing up one of the busiest streets in the area, and anothr pointing into one facing into one of the busiest pedestrian areas.

I really dont see what the problem is, you cant make anyone out!

Dude...seriously?!?

This type of webcam facing into a public area have been about for years, and this is you just getting upset about it?

Hell, even one of the local councils here have cameras on their website facing up one of the busiest streets in the area, and anothr pointing into one facing into one of the busiest pedestrian areas.

I really dont see what the problem is, you cant make anyone out!

I know that there are cameras everywhere but that doesnt give anybody the right to broadcast it at will, cameras are for bublic security and should be viewed by a minimum of people as possible.

The bank have all of your details but you sure as hell wouldnt want them posting them on the internet would you?

Its not necessarily a major invasion of privacy right now but one thing will lead to another and we are turning into big brother. I can imagine the facebook posts about screen captures now. "Look who i found picking their nose"

Its not far off from being able to map exactly where you go from GPS. Would you be happy if somebody presented all of your movements to the people closest to you?

Last edited:
I know that there are cameras everywhere but that doesnt give anybody the right to broadcast it at will, cameras are for bublic security and should be viewed by a minimum of people as possible.

The bank have all of your details but you sure as hell wouldnt want them posting them on the internet would you?

Its not necessarily a major invasion of privacy right now but one thing will lead to another and we are turning into big brother. I can imagine the facebook posts about screen captures now. "Look who i found picking their nose"

Its not far off from being able to map exactly where you go from GPS. Would you be happy if somebody presented all of your movements to the people closest to you?

What about being on holiday and someone is taking photos of someone/thing with you on the background...to which they put online...will you moan about that as well?

I think that is a different matter. Its coincidental and doesnt have as much potential to be used in any conspicuous fashion.

I bet if you had the right equipment you could hide a bluetooth unit near there and stream information to a remote location that allows you to obtain say bank details. You could pick up enough information from their phone to then find them on the internet using the screen capture of them to identify them, clone their identity and make off with the money in their bank.

Last edited:
I think that is a different matter. Its coincidental and doesnt have as much potential to be used in any conspicuous fashion.

I bet if you had the right equipment you could hide a bluetooth unit near there and stream information to a remote location that allows you to obtain say bank details. You could pick up enough information from their phone to then find them on the internet using the screen capture of them to identify them, clone their identity and make off with the money in their bank.

To be honest if someone was going to take your bank details, they will, its not too hard.

who says thats what cameras are for?

Just dont like the thought of Mr Joe Average being able to trace my whereabouts. There will be some big problems when these things do over the top, which they will!!!!

Back