Technical water pump / excessive engine heat?

Currently reading:
Technical water pump / excessive engine heat?

ronnieronson

Bring On The Trumpets!
ok so maybe the title is a slight exaggeration, but my fan is still cutting in a lot at low speeds, idling, and stop starts in traffic.

Rad seems to be fine - couple of bent fins (minor) but no leaks - and no airlocks in the system...

...water pump?

Are they expensive? - big job?

any opinions?

Just for reference - car is a 2001 Sei Abarth, 28k, recent HG and major overhaul.
Has been an advisory for the water pump to be checked out.

Get it changed for peace of mind before another panic thread begins

Yeah - has been advised anyways.

Just another question while we're on the subject;

Presumably if my waterpump has packed in all together, and is not circulating round the system properly / at all, then the rad will never circulate cooler water.
However, since heat rises, would this mean that stuff like the cabin heaters would still be blowing hot due to the fact that that part of the system is at one of the highest points in the bay, and thus recieving the hottest part of the liquids? - I only ask because I find that if my interior heaters are on my rad fan never kicks in at all, which this time of year is absolutely fine - but come summer it's gonna be a right pain in the arse.

Got a few jobs scheduled soon - and water pump is on the list, as well as those leads you advised me on - cheers for that btw Apple!

:)

@Brooky - damn man, you really want my zorst don't cha :p
You find me a nice sounding Sei exhaust - that isn't gonna fall to bits, and then we'll talk :p

@Custard - Yeah kinda figured it might be working in some capacity, but clearly not fully.
Ah well - doesn't seem that expensive a job... :)

Yup i really do:D :D :D :D

have a look on ebay;) ;) there bound to be somthing on there

Lol - you'd think wouldn't you... took me long enough to come across my Remus exhaust :p
Jetex, Sportex or supersprint I would imagine to be the order of the day ;)

which leads, magnecor KV85's?

Aye - although I'm probably gonna get the 8mm blue version...

Ps Ronnie give me some thanks! :)

hehe - we'll see how good the leads are 1st ;)
lol - seriously though, I always appreciate help from other members - FF is officially the best place for a Fiat owner to join in a community sense.

Had a quote today for the uprated pump - £38.50 from my usual Fiat garage- doesn't seem too bad since Fiat quoted me a tenner more for the same part :p

Roll on pay day :D

Back