General Water Noise!!

Currently reading:
General Water Noise!!

Hiya again!!

Thanks for all the help with my last post "Temperature Gauge causing concern"... but I'm back again!!

I added water to my car and it's done the job as far as the temperature gauge is concerned. When my car has been sitting and I switch it on, I hear water moving in the car... it doesn't sound like a drip but more like the water is 'rushing' from one bit to another. Any ideas? Someone suggested air? If it is, is it expensive for a garage to sort? :bang:

Hiya again!!

Thanks for all the help with my last post "Temperature Gauge causing concern"... but I'm back again!!

I added water to my car and it's done the job as far as the temperature gauge is concerned. When my car has been sitting and I switch it on, I hear water moving in the car... it doesn't sound like a drip but more like the water is 'rushing' from one bit to another. Any ideas? Someone suggested air? If it is, is it expensive for a garage to sort? :bang:
hope you didn't just put water in, you have to put in coolant as well, usually 50/50. this among other things helps stop the corrosion of the internals of the engine(y)...& as said it looks like you have to bleed the system.easy job look in the guide section

Last edited:
Hiya again!!

i think this is what rong with my car to when i turn left or right i can hear water rushing from side to side

So... if I take it to garage to get the system bled - will it take all day & how much do ya reckon it'll cost me?! I daren't try it myself!! ;)

had this problem with mine (the noise that is), turned out it was actually water in the to bit of the engine bay!! where it runs off the windscreen. the drain holes had been blocked by leaves!

hope you didn't just put water in, you have to put in coolant as well, usually 50/50. this among other things helps stop the corrosion of the internals of the engine(y)...& as said it looks like you have to bleed the system.easy job look in the guide section

If your only topping up, then it's normally ok(y)

Back