General Was all the MK1 Uno turbo grills painted?

Currently reading:
General Was all the MK1 Uno turbo grills painted?

electricmice said:
I believe that all Uno Turbo grilles were body colour from 1988. The standard colours of that era being Red, White, Electric blue, Silver, Graphite Grey and Black. This coincided with the new cloth interior, red seatbelts, body coloured mirrors, antiskid option, two tone graphite centred wheels and blacked out b-pillars. Do I sound sad? Probably..................M.

Thats the answer iam looking for mate cheers(y) .
Going to get the grill painted.

electricmice said:
I believe that all Uno Turbo grilles were body colour from 1988. The standard colours of that era being Red, White, Electric blue, Silver, Graphite Grey and Black. This coincided with the new cloth interior, red seatbelts, body coloured mirrors, antiskid option, two tone graphite centred wheels and blacked out b-pillars. Do I sound sad? Probably..................M.

Just to add to the confusion, there was more than just one type of red available! I have two Uno turbo tailgates (mk1 obviously), both are different shades of red and both have different paint code stickers on the inside of the hatch!

There was also a metallic green option offered for the turbo, though that might have been pre-1988. N.B. The mk1 was discontinued in 1989, so the above offered colours mentioned by Electricmice were only available for 1 year. Also, I thought all Uno turbos had body coloured door mirrors and blacked out B pillars?

There was a guy posting on here who managed to pick up a 1985 turbo in metallic green and in very good unrestored condition. He was going to restore it but we never heard anything more from him :confused: There's also one on Ebay at the moment, though it's two tone green but I think it's only had a lower half respray.

Whatever, gotta keep them on the road (y)

My mk1 grill is now painted

Well thanks for all your time and comments on this i got the mk1 grill painted during the week what do you think?
Also got the mk1 fog lamps painted in the amber yellow glass paint as some mk1 uno turbos had this done!

Attachments

• photo-0070.jpg
    photo-0070.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 17
Back