Technical Warning light

Currently reading:
Technical Warning light

Hi all,

I have what looks like a airbag warning light on the dash. When I go to scan I find that the follow error message comes up which I can’t seem to reset? Any ideas how I can go about rectifying this problem?

Many thanks,

Sasha

Attachments

• 67834196-9941-45B3-9DC8-68FBF4D765C6.jpeg
    67834196-9941-45B3-9DC8-68FBF4D765C6.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 123
  • EE84FD72-38B3-498E-BDE7-6F0C379A7254.jpeg
    EE84FD72-38B3-498E-BDE7-6F0C379A7254.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 47
  • 8F3D730B-B6DA-44DF-BD2A-F7094BB5B7B5.jpeg
    8F3D730B-B6DA-44DF-BD2A-F7094BB5B7B5.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 47
I think you need to get under the seats, disconnect the connector their, inspect the wiring, check and clean the contacts and try again.

All the airbag/srs erros we have had in our "B" are due to the connector/connection under the drivers seat, the most used seat.

The wires are short, the connector dangles on the floor, etc.

To get easier and proper access to the connector(s) it is best to undo the seat bolts. NOTE! There are shims under each seat runner rail so note and then put them back in the same position. If you don't then you will find that the seat is hard or impossible to move.

How did you do the reset?!
Mine once lit up (forgot to disconnect the battery while removing the seats o_O) but I was not able to reset it and had to go to the dealer (and pay for my carelessness).
Just curious ......

Yes that’s the one, downloaded the free software. But beware you have to get the correct cable. Take a look at this YouTube video it guided me step by step. Relatively straight forward.

I always thought it was the cable clipped to the side of the heater box but that video shows it under the carpet

Have I been using the wrong connector all the time?

If so, it will explain why I have never managed to get it to connect

I always thought it was the cable clipped to the side of the heater box but that video shows it under the carpet

Have I been using the wrong connector all the time?

If so, it will explain why I have never managed to get it to connect
In the video he is connecting to the engine ecu (which on his car is RH side of passenger footwell), the airbag ecu is the other side of the footwell by the heater box as you say.

If you cannot connect to your ecu try this chap from ebay -

cwautodiagnostics

I contacted him to confirm which cables I needed, these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/144489808013, then bought them from him

Crucially for me as my IT skills are limited, he offers tech support. He even offers remote access support. He logged into my laptop (numerous times), to help me get connected to the air bag ecu.
My big issue was I couldn't connect to the ecu, this ultimately was due to a USBC to USB adaptor blocking the signal.
I used my sons laptop with USB and we got it working.
I cannot praise this chap enough, it took a few days and in total a few hours to resolve all the issues and get the connection to work, the port setting etc, alone are minefield!
All for £17.99 :)

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back