Technical Warning light, please help. Marea 155 ELX, 1998cc

Currently reading:
Technical Warning light, please help. Marea 155 ELX, 1998cc

[email protected]

Hello all,
I am new to this site and have a problem. :(
I moved some bits round in my flat a couple of weeks ago and as a result cannot find my manual anywhere!!
My problem is that, a new light has come up on my dash display, which I have not seen in the 2 years I have had my Marea.
It only comes on when I put my lights on and is a bulb shape with an exclamation mark in the centre. I have checked all my lights and all are working but am concerned as it is an orange light. I am travelling to catch a flight on Sunday so would like it sorted before I go. Am hoping it's something I can do myself without an expensive visit to the garage.
Thanks for reading and all help would be greatly appreciated.
:)

The only similar warning light I can find for my 1997 Marea HLX 20V is the handbrake / brake fluid level indicator. Its possible your brake fluid level has dropped below the minimum, although why it would only come on when you switch your lights on is beyond me.

It might just be that your not properly disengaging your handbrake, again, why it should only appear when you switch lights on I don't know.

I would check the brake fluid level right away, unless you're completely confident doing it yourself go to a garage asap.(y)

1997 Marea HLX 2.0 20V saloon.

if your marea is a very late model (2001) you could have the exterior light fault warning fitted. check all exterior bulbs except dipped and main headlights. check none of the lights remains lit very dimly when it should be off, check reg plate bulbs, and if you still dint find the problem remove each bulb and check it is seated correctly and has clean contacts, also try some wd40 on all light connectors.

I don't have a bulb check, apart from reversing toward a large window when I can check brake and reversing lights in the reflection. A blown bulb is better than low brake fluid:eek: Silly me.

Thats great, will have another look today. I checked all the lights but forgot the reg plate lights.:idea:
Thanks everyone!(y)

Back