Technical warm start issues :S

Currently reading:
Technical warm start issues :S

phatcent

hi all, recently the 899cc sei has been playing up not when its cold but when its warm :( i can go out to the car on a freezing morning and it will start fine. However when i fill the car up for example short tme of turning the engine off then on again it doesn't start striaght away.. and sometimes i can find my self turning the igniton on and off to finally get it to run.. 2 or 3 times to start it.

I have read posts on here to find out what the problem is and someone people were saying its the crank sensor some say its the coil and others say its the temperature sensor..

well so far ive changed all the plugs and leads and changed the temperature sensor. What could it be?

dont think it would be the fuel filter... otherwise it wouldnt start from cold..

i changed the sensor with the blue top on it ( the engine mangement sensor) two pins on top.. hasn't made any difference.

dont think it would be the fuel filter... otherwise it wouldnt start from cold..

i changed the sensor with the blue top on it ( the engine mangement sensor) two pins on top.. hasn't made any difference.

Fuel filter can cause exactly that sort of problem. After you start it, any carp moves and can block the outlet.

However.

Have you discovered what is missing when you can't stasrt the car?

Cheers

D

Back