A

Ducato (Wanted) Wanted a mastervac servo, for our Fiat Ducato 1992 LHD 2.5TD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anne FM

Anne FM submitted a new listing:

Wanted a mastervac servo, for our Fiat Ducato 1992 LHD 2.5TD - Wanted a mastervac servo, for our Fiat Ducato 1992 LHD 2.5TD

Hello,
We are having difficulty getting a mastervac servo here in France for our Fiat Ducato 1992 LHD 2.5TD campervan. One that we ordered before had the wrong number of bolts on one end, 4 instead of 3 because it is a LHD. We weren't aware of the difference then!
It seems a bit weird that they would be different because of which hand drive it is, but there you are....
Has anyone any suggestions on where to get one? Even a reconditioned one.
I have tried all the auto accessory places I...

Learn more about this listing...

Just a thought being in France isn't the a Peugeot,Citroen or Renault version that was in the same family tree at that time?
You may have a clue looking at Fiat Ducato in wikipedia.

You are right. That is why I think it is so strange not being able to get a mastervac servo here. I will keep looking. We may have to go to a breaker's yard but then you don't know what condition it would be in. We still have to do some testing to make sure it is the servo and not vacuum hoses or something else. Keeping our fingers crossed.

You are right. That is why I think it is so strange not being able to get a mastervac servo here. I will keep looking. We may have to go to a breaker's yard but then you don't know what condition it would be in. We still have to do some testing to make sure it is the servo and not vacuum hoses or something else. Keeping our fingers crossed.
I would have thought you had a higher chance in a breakers yard than at a dealership, given the age.
Generally I would run the engine and check for a good vacuum at the pipe going into the servo unit and the pipes going back to the vacuum pump on the side of the engine behind the injector pump if memory serves me right on your model.
If that is all good, then condemn the servo, in the past it could just be a seal , but as they get older then rusty vacuum drum is more common.
If good a brake servo should hold vacuum over night.
Of course what I assume on yours is a hard brake pedal but not easy to stop the vehicle, the quick test we used to do as Mot Testers was to pump the brake pedal several times with engine off until all vacuum gone, then hold the brake pedal down firmly and start the engine, it should be easy then to feel the difference as the vacuum starts to assist the braking.

Just a thought being in France isn't the a Peugeot,Citroen or Renault version that was in the same family tree at that time?
You may have a clue looking at Fiat Ducato in wikipedia.
Citroen C25, Peugeot J5, Talbot Express (rebadged J5).

@Anne FM
An Ebay search does not reveal any 3 hole servos, and only 4 hole master cylinders are listed.

I would have thought you had a higher chance in a breakers yard than at a dealership, given the age.
Generally I would run the engine and check for a good vacuum at the pipe going into the servo unit and the pipes going back to the vacuum pump on the side of the engine behind the injector pump if memory serves me right on your model.
If that is all good, then condemn the servo, in the past it could just be a seal , but as they get older then rusty vacuum drum is more common.
If good a brake servo should hold vacuum over night.
Of course what I assume on yours is a hard brake pedal but not easy to stop the vehicle, the quick test we used to do as Mot Testers was to pump the brake pedal several times with engine off until all vacuum gone, then hold the brake pedal down firmly and start the engine, it should be easy then to feel the difference as the vacuum starts to assist the braking.
Thank you, we'll give that a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back