General Wanted - Cinquecento headlight - HELP

Currently reading:
General Wanted - Cinquecento headlight - HELP

james53436

I am looking for some help. I have the following problem. I own a 1998 Fiat Cinquecento, and I had to replace the drivers side headlamp unit earlier this year, but I have since found out that it is for a LHD, presumably European vehicle, and as a result, the headlight beam is being directed the wrong way, and as a result, it has failed its MOT this week! Firstly, does anyone know where I can can get a UK/RHD drivers side headlamp, as I have looked everywhere, and they seem to be like hens teeth!

Alternatively, I have seen some lenses that say they are from a UK RHD Cinquecento, and I would value any ones opinion on the viability of fitting a UK spec lens, to the body of the European one I bought. I appreciate that this will involve careful removal of lens as it looks a fairly sealed unit, but has any one ever done anything like this before, to know if it is possible/practical?

Thanks in advance for any help guidance you can provide.

James

I got a pair from euro car parts, but looks like they are now out of stock.
Probably best to keep your eyes on eBay.

RHD lights are hard to find now. I think it’s a case of 60 degrees in the oven to swap the lenses over. It’s common to do this in the 126 world too.

Back