want to build a false floor, advice anyone??

Currently reading:
want to build a false floor, advice anyone??

I managed to get a 0.8 cubic ft box inside the spare wheel. This plus amps lost me about 3 inches of boot depth(y)

ok, i am fed up with losing my boot to a sub box, so i want to build a false floor, and have the sub in the wheel well.

a few q's;

anyone know how bigger box i can fit in the wheel well??? (dimension wise) got a 3dr stilo 1.8....

any tiops of bulding it?

does it rest on the floor or is it raised??

thanks.

Just out of interest, is the stilo a space saver or a full size. Think stu has managed about 2 cubes.

P

space saver, but came with the option of full size, so can fit full size in it.....i only need about 1.5 CuFt ater displcement of sub and port etc etc.....so sounds doable!!!

Should be doable. I am doing the false floor in mine at the moment. Although my sub has a fairly small displacement.

Never noticed you were from Enfield before. Where abouts you from mate?

P

We have raised the top of the box an inch above the standard floor and will be coning/splaying the sides so to get a bit more air space. Then we are raising the sub a further inch on an MDF ring so we can place it over the spare wheel post thiny.

We have built the enclosure floor cuting a hole for that post and then routered out 2 1" thick MDF rings, 1 the whole way through and one just half way through then you can use a bolt and large washer to hold the whole thing down tight.

Oh and by the way i have sent that off today so should be with you.

Also i will be in purfleet working on the car for a fair few weeks so you are perfectly welcome to pop up and have a look at what we are doing its not moving anywhere fast. The best installs arent done in 24 hours (y)

im in palmers green mate, supprised i havnt seen ure car around.....pretty noticeable....lol

aceee, the only problem i can think of now before i start is how did you guage the position of the wheel well in relation to the false floor and the hole for the sub???

i may well come by, my m8's have flown away for a few weeks to different continents, so i got a fair bit of free time...

the main floor with my current setup is, the sub is firing up...toward parcel shelf, with about 3" of clerance due to the size of the box, and this leads to it getting quite hot because there isnt enought room for air to circulated (think this is why the jatt died maybe??) i did some experiments without the parcel shelf and it seemed to run allot cooler...

gonna do some measuring and poking tomorrow, see what ideas i can come up with....maybe do a few scale drawings to help me think....

Is is a 12" as my 10 fits in the middle of the false floor but uneavenly in the enclosure if that makes sense.
The actual wheel well is more like 3 cubes or 3.1 if i remember correctly so build up a little and you can get a fair bit of air space if need be.

Purfleet is a very small place lol. Its just down the road from lakeside. I will let you know when im there next. Well once we have the basic shape of the build lol we have only done the bass so far but hopefully we will get some done on the next visit.

Back