General vertical link catches wheel

Currently reading:
General vertical link catches wheel

micksimari

Hi all joined today as I've bought a 96 1.6 16v Brava last week for the wife.
Can anyone tell me what causes my problem?? incidentally this problem was there before I touched the car and remains still after I've done the following.
I have replaced all four shocks, front anti roll bar bushes and anti roll bar links on both sides, whilst the car drives straight enough, the bottom of the drivers side anti roll bar link link fouls on the inside of the wheel, when on full right hand lock.
Could it be a weak spring or something to do with the suspension/ steering geometry, engine mounting or what.:bang:
Thanks in anticipation
Mick

Last edited:
sounds as though the antiroll bar has moved across to the driver's side.

at full left hand lock is there a good space between the link and wheel? if there is then you need to push the bar across to make the gap the same on both sides.

if you can push it without loosening the bolts holding it to the subframe then you need to replace the rubber buffer that sits between the bar and subframe. since your bar moved i would expect this rubber buffer to need replacement. you can cheat by sticking something between the rubber buffer and the metal around it to take up the slack and prevent the bar from moving again.

Back