General vdbbarchettaparts.be

Currently reading:
General vdbbarchettaparts.be

I wondered if anyone has had any luck ordering from www.vdbbarchettaparts.be? I have placed an order for some airbag parts I desperately needed for MOT and have had no communication since transferring money. My car is now off road and I am finding it difficult to get to work. I realise that after about 10 days the parts could still be in transit but with the chap not answering me, I have a really bad feeling that I am down £160.

Hi, if you paid by credit card you may have some help from the card company. Hope you have a positive solution in the end but thanks for posting your experience so far.
best of luck, SteveD

If you paid by credit card, your card issuer should be able to return your money. Worth giving them a call as I had something similar a few years ago when I ordered something online from a company in China

Edit, just beaten by StevePD

I wondered if anyone has had any luck ordering from www.vdbbarchettaparts.be? I have placed an order for some airbag parts I desperately needed for MOT and have had no communication since transferring money. My car is now off road and I am finding it difficult to get to work. I realise that after about 10 days the parts could still be in transit but with the chap not answering me, I have a really bad feeling that I am down £160.
Hi. I also ordered some parts from this guy in June. Mine arrived safely so don't give up hope :)

I ordered something from there a while ago. After payment was made he kept promising delivery and tracking numbers but nothing ever came. Luckily I used Paypal and opened a dispute and managed to get the money back.

I ordered something from there a while ago. After payment was made he kept promising delivery and tracking numbers but nothing ever came. Luckily I used Paypal and opened a dispute and managed to get the money back.
I made the mistake of making a bank transfer. I’m going to see if I can at least report him for fraud. Not really sure what he thinks he’s playing at.

I made the mistake of making a bank transfer. I’m going to see if I can at least report him for fraud. Not really sure what he thinks he’s playing at.
I don't know why the admins on the FB groups don't pin a warning about this guy. Maybe the admins here could pin something and start the ball rolling.

UPDATE: after one final email from me telling him that I suspect fraud, he replied to tell me he’d been on holiday and that I should get the parts this week. Hmmm…..

Not absolutely convinced they will arrive but I will wait and see. Not a good experience so far.

UPDATE: after one final email from me telling him that I suspect fraud, he replied to tell me he’d been on holiday and that I should get the parts this week. Hmmm…..

Not absolutely convinced they will arrive but I will wait and see. Not a good experience so far.
Did you get a tracking number for your order?

Yes, get a tracking number then you will know for sure if it's on the way. Also, you should be able to get the name of his bank from the account number. Say you are getting in touch with them to report fraud.

Thanks so much for the advice. I eventually got a tracking number that checks out. It says due for delivery 15th - 17th August. So fingers crossed.

Barchetta is a off road as MOT was due a while back. Hoping to resolve airbag issue with these parts. I think the airbag sensor got wet when my heating leaked. I desperately need it on the road before kids go back to school.

I’m toying with the idea of eventually getting another car to take to work while we take the B apart and get it cleaned up ready for a respray eventually.

Just hoping it all works out now. I feel like I haven’t driven the B in ages.

Thanks so much for the advice. I eventually got a tracking number that checks out. It says due for delivery 15th - 17th August. So fingers crossed.

Barchetta is a off road as MOT was due a while back. Hoping to resolve airbag issue with these parts. I think the airbag sensor got wet when my heating leaked. I desperately need it on the road before kids go back to school.

I’m toying with the idea of eventually getting another car to take to work while we take the B apart and get it cleaned up ready for a respray eventually.

Just hoping it all works out now. I feel like I haven’t driven the B in ages.
That's great - hopefully it arrives on schedule. Let us know!

The crash sensor arrived at the garage where I'm taking the car at the end of the month but the airbag squib was not in the package. I have contacted the seller a few times and I am back to not hearing from him. I am thankful that the sensor/ECU has arrived though and hope it works.

The crash sensor arrived at the garage where I'm taking the car at the end of the month but the airbag squib was not in the package. I have contacted the seller a few times and I am back to not hearing from him. I am thankful that the sensor/ECU has arrived though and hope it works.
Write a letter to his bank explaining the problem that you and other people have had and send him a copy saying this is what you are going to send if you don't get the parts or the money back.

That's disappointing. Let's hope that the sensor works.

I had an issue with my squib and causing warning light to stay on, fixed it by disconnecting, cleaning the contacts with a small screwdriver and then sprayed contact cleaner all over it. This did the trick on mine. Good luck

Hi,
Thanks for your posting on the parts supplier/garage, and sorry about your experience. Did you ever receive your part? Having to wait excessively is frustrating, especially so when having prepaid for it.

There was a total of one review on Trustpilot.com and eight on Google. Judging by the OP and the collective reviews mentioned; it actually seems like a great garage(!) to have work done on your car (friendly competent guy, doing good work). On the other hand the e-shop seems like a mess when ordering parts. Parts don't arrive at all, or not on time, or it's not the right part, thus e-shoppers beware or perhaps abstain. Judging by the opening hours, the garage would seem like one persons' 2nd job, and the e-shop perhaps a well-meant afterthought left in dire need of structure and responsibility.

Hi,
Thanks for your posting on the parts supplier/garage, and sorry about your experience. Did you ever receive your part? Having to wait excessively is frustrating, especially so when having prepaid for it.

There was a total of one review on Trustpilot.com and eight on Google. Judging by the OP and the collective reviews mentioned; it actually seems like a great garage(!) to have work done on your car (friendly competent guy, doing good work). On the other hand the e-shop seems like a mess when ordering parts. Parts don't arrive at all, or not on time, or it's not the right part, thus e-shoppers beware or perhaps abstain. Judging by the opening hours, the garage would seem like one persons' 2nd job, and the e-shop perhaps a well-meant afterthought left in dire need of structure and responsibility.
I did receive one of the two parts that I ordered after contacting the chap many times. He then proceeded to ignore me again after sending the first part. I agree that the garage may be fine but the parts supplier was not. I believe that he knows what he is doing. It is disappointing to be let down by someone anyone but especially a Barchetta enthusiast.

• Thanks
Reactions: tjr
Back