Technical Vauxhall combo

Currently reading:
Technical Vauxhall combo

Mr Posh

I’ve brought a Vauxhall Combo which I’ve been advised is a Fiat Doblo in disguise
I’ve been getting exhaust fumes in the cabin I’ve done injector seals can’t feel any leak along the main exhaust on tick over
Any thoughts?

Flexible coupling towards front of exhaust?
When you are down there looking get someone with a cloth to seal the tail pipe that usually shows up exhaust leaks.
Anychance back doors not shutting/sealing and fumes coming in from tail pipe?

Started it up to go to work this morning exhaust leak seems to be by drivers door but I’ve checked flex joint no sign of soot around it
I’ll check again later

Doesn't always show soot if clean burning and hot/longer higher speed journeys, that is why it helps to check for leak visually with exhaust tail pipe partly sealed to increase pressure.

I’ve stuck a rag up the exhaust engine still runs I’ll have to wait for missus to get home to check exhaust I’ve changed oil seems to a lot of soot at the clamp I might try and put a extra clamp further up the pipe ?

I’ve stuck a rag up the exhaust engine still runs I’ll have to wait for missus to get home to check exhaust I’ve changed oil seems to a lot of soot at the clamp I might try and put a extra clamp further up the pipe ?
Sounds like a major exhaust leak then;)
Reminds me of many years ago I got stopped by the Police for a noisy exhaust, I showed nothing wrong with exhaust by putting my foot over the pipe and stopping the engine. He then asked what the noise was, I told him the engine was knackered and about to blow up! He still trying for a offense said "isn't that dangerous?" to which I replied "there are two mechanics in the car and we ain't bothered!" So he gave up.;)

Had another look seems so a lot of soot on underside beside flexi joint so I’m think a new exhaust section rather than pissing about

I’ve tried blocking exhaust and soapy water no leaks so I’m back to square one I ll check EGR valve area tomorrow

Back