Vanished.....

Currently reading:
Vanished.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, after LL posts are disregarded the post counts drop dramatically!

I did notice nearly 2 full pages of topics appearing on LL in just under 24hours recently with many being one word answers.

Wonder how the new changes will affect the Forum as a whole?

Liam

Lol, only 6000 posts disappeared! Saying that, Sammi took a big hit as well ;)

Lets hope for more Ulysse and Stilo problems then :)

All advice gratefully received - the last few weeks have been quite mad, since you came back into the fray more, Steve. I suppose it was going back to old habits from the old forum.

@ jamie - I think it is ok to keep to a general chit-chat spam-type thread in the LL.

Steve C said:
Just looked at the post count. Stu seems to have taken the biggest hit,
Nope, not me - just had a look - there is now 848 posts between me and Sammi, and there was about 400/500 or so before the crackdown :), so looks like she has lost the most posts ;)

In proportion i'd say tash, kirsty and neofolis have sufferd the worse! ;) Lol

Stu- That's what I was thinking otherwise the forum could turn from somewhere that to me is a really friendly easy going environment into a forum like many others out there where fun is Banned. ;)

bloomfieldliam said:
I did notice nearly 2 full pages of topics appearing on LL in just under 24hours recently with many being one word answers.
yep :( thats when it gets out of hand, if there must be "conversations" going in topics (general banter not really to do with any topic) then it should be kept to one thread, so its easy for people to use the new posts page without trawling through 4 pages of new posts most of which are just general chit chat between two or three members

dave said:
mine went down but a lot less than i thought it would.
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised as well :D

It seems that the 'other' old spammers are back to the top, then! But the new system, although I think it is the right way forward, doesn't take into account all the spam that was posted out of the LL.

BUT this is where a new style of moderation comes into play, and threads should be locked once the initial answer has been questioned. If there is a follow-on question, there are enough admin tools to allow a new thread to be started. This has always been the rule, but not adhered to fully [if at all].

One comment about recent level of spamming - I can only recall it being across a few threads - mainly the 'fun' one word/one sentence ones [4 threads], plus 'testing' and 'I am up for rent' - personally, I can't see it was a major problem when it came to NEW POSTS. But then again, I log on often enough not to have a large NEW POSTS list, so never been an issue for me - I always scan down the forum side first, before going back to the LL topics once that is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back