Image0159.jpg

Bravo (Classic) Van with a difference!!!.

Introduction

Heres the replacement for my highly abused yet extremely reliable Bravo.... Another Bravo (y) I'm moving up a year here :D Not going to be bitten like the last time, this is going to have a strip down and re-rustproof with a few bits to be thrown in too (copper lines all round are in the plans). Most importantly, this car is going to be converted to a van and painted black with some "toys" installed... More pics soon! :)

Image0159.jpg
Reactions: Joshhh
pft, cost more than £100 to fill my daily from empty

It's around €80 to fill from empty (n)

The BMW costs €130 to fill and the Merc costs around €150 :cry:

Even the Iveco costs €110 to fill from empty... :bang:

Get LPG mine costs about 20 euros to fill ( only 34L tank) and does about 200-250 km driving in town. + 1...2 liters of petrol to start.

The Tempra and Landy have LPG ;)

Naff all people here stock it! (n)

It's one for the Alfa though, in due time ;)

Edit: I knew there was a reason for this small update! :eek:

By chance, there was a news report near where I park my van every day as I was driving by. You can just about hear the sound of the K&N in the background when the manager is talking, just... Even if it's only 2 seconds though! :woot:

Linky for the news article!

Last edited:
Update! E5 pictures this time!!!

Blu73 got me thinking... Stuff to do... :chin:

Well I had time to think while on a drive (the places I end up... :spin:)
Image121.jpg

Image122.jpg

The eagle eyed will have noticed my trailer socket is broke... Need to find a bracket to replace it with. Just need the time (y)

Anyways, back home (y)
Image123.jpg

Decided to...
Image124.jpg

And the wheelbolts didn't escape either
Image126.jpg

Basically I as getting tired of looking at the dirty bolts and since a set of 166 bolts are hard to get, these will do for now (y)

What are peoples opinions on this?
Image127.jpg

Did it for the schneer, ya know... ;) New tyre to put on anyway!

Here's my 166 gearknob I fitted the other day (y) Needs tidying but feels far better than the Trofeo gearknob, which is a different world to the standard knob...
Image128.jpg

Finally, as a taster, going to fit this somehow ;)
Image1252.jpg

Keep watching... ;)

I don't know why you don't run your Punto Sporting wheels on that thing...

Incidentally, when are you going to spill the beans on that "new" Bravo that made an appearance during your last engine swap / rebuild? It's pretty confusing about which car is in what state and which engine is currently where (and why). :confused:

I don't know why you don't run your Punto Sporting wheels on that thing...

Incidentally, when are you going to spill the beans on that "new" Bravo that made an appearance during your last engine swap / rebuild? It's pretty confusing about which car is in what state and which engine is currently where (and why). :confused:

Punto Sporting wheels??? :confused: I'm using steelies as it's much more comfortable to drive than with the 40 profile tyres (and cheaper too for much tougher commercial tyres (y))

That "new" Bravo is my dads one, have it since 2008 (y) it was kind of ironic that he decided to swap engines while I swapped my one for the one he was taking out of his car, so he could put in the engine he built into it.... Confusion! :spin:

It's the "main" car here (3 in our house so something of that size does. 3 people in a Sei is a bit cramped, 3 people in my van is illegal and 3 people in the other van is impractical) so it gets a lot of work. My dad uses it mainly for going to work and if we need to go anywhere we use it. Very reliable workhorse :)

I wouldnt call that a road, the only good bit of tarmac is when your just near the mast!
Thats only over the road from me...

Did you go up from the Omeath or Edentober side? A or B http://g.co/maps/jxugv

This is a nice road bit of road http://g.co/maps/3ck9a

A bumpy choppy ride to the top! :p

Sometimes when I'm in no rush I'll head home through Killean and down the tiny boreens :)

I just turned and headed back! But I'll have a go at those roads the next time (y)

Back to the van (y):D

As some posters might know, there was another car acquired... That had some toys I just had to get :yum:

Just the fronts for now, I had 20 mins to spare ;)
Image2108.jpg

The art of a car that was put together right. 5 minutes to take out both shocks :D
Image2109.jpg

On closer inspection...
Image2110.jpg

Camber adjustment :worship:

I've never had to resort to doing this to put on a set of shocks. Ever :eek:
Image2111.jpg

But the results speak for themselves. Camber :worship:
Image2112.jpg

Flushed!
Image2113.jpg

Famous words, keep watching... ;)

still loving the work :)

i dont see the reason you put the coilovers on though? with them tyres the car will still wallow everywhere. get some low pros on and it will feel like its on tracks.

Back