Image0159.jpg

Bravo (Classic) Van with a difference!!!.

Introduction

Heres the replacement for my highly abused yet extremely reliable Bravo.... Another Bravo (y) I'm moving up a year here :D Not going to be bitten like the last time, this is going to have a strip down and re-rustproof with a few bits to be thrown in too (copper lines all round are in the plans). Most importantly, this car is going to be converted to a van and painted black with some "toys" installed... More pics soon! :)

Image0159.jpg
Reactions: Joshhh
Damn, i wish i had your seats, Would look soo nice in my bravo!, Mine are blue :'(

I've yet to see another set of grey seats! They suit me and my back perfect for my daily commute, well worth he money for long distance driving (y) Blue seats sound cool though! :D

a new part :eek: i don't believe it!!

I'm full of surprises ain't I! :p after 7 different sets of leads I said enough was enough and decided to get these and a spare set... :eek:

So where have I been? Answer is simple really, I've been enjoying driving my van once again :D:D:D

A few niggles here and there, there is a leak in the bottom radiator hose and the nut fell off my rhs engine mount, sending the bolt into my horn :bang: but apart from that, I'm glad to have my van back on the road relatively trouble free (y)

Image1380.jpg

So keep watching, I still have lots more to do, it will be hibernating for the winter... ;)

Hmmm, famous words, trouble free.... :rolleyes:

Shortly after my last post, this decided to break :cry:
Image1432.jpg

Very sinister. And led to an angry post in the grumpy thread, as it blew up in the middle of a town :mad:
Image1433.jpg

None the less, I pulled out a spare one, replaced it and job done :) just need to get a new one, yes new! :eek:

Like this pipe :yum:
Image1431.jpg

Theres no comparison to the old one :D
Image1434.jpg

To change it took about 5 mins, including draining and refilling :)

Preference to refill with this stuff (y)
Image1435.jpg

And once again, I took it for a test drive... And got carried away :worship::worship::worship:

Keep watching.... ;)

I won't lie: this is a van. A common van is filthy. This is no exception... :eek:

As I'm back to college tomorrow, I decided to clear out some crap and hide some tools from prying eyes

Yes, I carry a spare coil pack and 2 litres of paraflu :p
Image1444.jpg

And as for this mess... The induction kit is for a Mk2 Punto :) spare caps for my wheels, more tools under the seats and don't ask about the blanket or box of excitement... ;)
Image1445.jpg

After a few minutes, relatively clean! (y)

Just top with oil
Image1446.jpg

And I'm all set for the daily hike to Dublin and back, in comfort :)

Stay tuned for some more surprises... ;)

Not an update as such but I need advice:

I'm torn between 2 ideas:

• Straight tail pipe
  • Or my current 4 inch backbox?

Any suggestions?

As I have a new bumper lined up anyway, the straight pipe would tuck under the bumper and stick out without the need for cutting the bumper but thats more fabricating. With the current box I'd just have to cut the bumper, again :rolleyes:

Appreciate the opinions, points taken (y)

I ain't going to rip it off immediately mind you but when I have my new bumper on... ;)

Have to source some suitable pipe first though! I saw how low the fart cannon is and picturing a pipe in its place, it'd be damn all difference on how low it is now... So the straight pipe will be constructed as soon as possible (y)

As for the cars well being: I'm now back in college so the daily hike is back. nearly 500 miles this week :p and still quarter full, not refueled :D It is horrendously filthy though! Pictures in daylight of its filthyness (y)

Another update!

I hate rain and so does the car :mad:

The 40 section tyres are useless in the wet to begin with, I have to be careful with the intake and most important it plays up with the electrics :bang:

Due to my full beam setup, the relays are exposed. Rain get to them, shorts them out, wont go off :mad:

But I got it sorted! (y)
Image1473.jpg

A ball joint cover now has another use (y)
Image1474.jpg

The old relay...
Image1475.jpg

Now onto another lighting woe...! :rolleyes:
Image1476.jpg

I've never seen this happen before on a Bravo... 4 tail light bulbs blown!

Nonetheless, to the inventory
Image1477.jpg

Better :)
Image1478.jpg

Sorted for now, away for the weekend!

Keep watching... ;)

Update!

This week I've survived without power steering! But I didn't complain ;)

See, I turned to an off ramp and the belt went in bits...
Image1516.jpg

None of it left :eek:

New belt (y)
Image1518.jpg

Its simple enough to change :) A small spanner was needed for an awkward bolt
Image1517.jpg

And a few minutes later job done (y)

Now to plant some spuds on the side of my car :spin:
Image1519.jpg

This is what rain and tractors leaving muddy fields does... :rolleyes:
Image1520.jpg

Keep watching (y)

might i suggest cleaning at least the reg plates before you next drive it. saves on the fuz stopping you. ;) lol

Thats the plan for the next update, just shows what farmers here think of the roads, currently very difficult to keep anything clean :rolleyes: thats just 1 week after I cleaned the car last! :eek:

Any thought on repainting the van panels?

It will be redone in due time. Its just our heater broke and we can't spray without heat. Kinda suits the age of the car having the panels like that, seen many car-vans of that era with faded panels. It will be getting a full respray, I have litres of 483/a to use up (y)

thinking the next update should be the before and after of washing the car ;)

Well heres the after...!

Image1522.jpg

Side view...
Image1523.jpg

Looks like a two-tone car from certain angles :p I don't envy you having to clean that though!

Youre right not to envy, it was a pig to get all the muck off!! :bang:

How long before its 2 tone again...! :shakehead:

Tomorrow.

You were right. By half 7 the next day it was destroyed again by miserable farmers that won't clean up the roads. Pointless cleaning it again :mad:

Well, today I went to college then completed a 300 mile round trip after on errands (y) car never broke into a sweat!

Sitting in a street a long, long away from home... :p
Image1524.jpg

I went from the middle of the country to the top and back again :eek:

The adventures will continue, stay tuned... ;)

Back