Image0159.jpg

Bravo (Classic) Van with a difference!!!.

Introduction

Heres the replacement for my highly abused yet extremely reliable Bravo.... Another Bravo (y) I'm moving up a year here :D Not going to be bitten like the last time, this is going to have a strip down and re-rustproof with a few bits to be thrown in too (copper lines all round are in the plans). Most importantly, this car is going to be converted to a van and painted black with some "toys" installed... More pics soon! :)

Image0159.jpg
Reactions: Joshhh
very nice, i bet that thing shifts!! and the bumper looks interesting, Marea Bumper ? dont think its the Bravo HGT, cause they have the big smily bumpers ;)(y)

Its from a 100ELX Marea, it was on my old car... Stuck for a TD100 bumper, I cant keep driving round with one foglight!!! :p

Speaking of this cars ability to move... :eek:

F*ck me the sound from the exhaust is unreal, what would it sound like with that 4 inch backbox?!! :D I must get it to the tunnel again soon!!! :worship::worship::worship:

I drove a 1.2 petrol car the other day, not driven a car so slow for ages was proper crazy, (no offence intended) took me back to my standard cinq days. Gotta say though i miss having the ability to drive everywhere flat-out, you just can't do that with more powerful engines. And I'm SSSOOOooooo jealous you have that tunnel near you, i want one :(

its a weird thing ive drove these and they have been quick and some have been mega slow. it depends on whats been done :).

im sure this will be well quicker than a standard 1.2 :-0

ah it wasn't a standard 1.2 i drove either, a fiesta with all the usual exhaust, air filter, inlet manifold, suspension etc upgrades done. Great little thing, responsive and quite quick - like i said, i mock not. I'm just usually driving something with either big modern turbo diesel or a Merc SL or CLK, all of which have alot of torque which is really the difference. My van (2.2TD) isn't really much quicker in a straight line than the fez but the extra torque makes it feel like its pulling harder and thus feels a bit faster if that makes sense.

you ever going for a different engine at all? 1.4 would make a massive increase in power for you :)

True, but here theyre not so common. I could only find one in a Fiat Idea, mine for €500. When I save up ill snap it up :yum:

i would come out of of that tunnel giggling like a girl, heaven!!...
you are a lucky boy ;) i bet that 1.2 gives a lot of 1.2's a run for their money :)
another thing, get that thing remapped and of course a nice ported inlet and exhaust ports :)

It frightens people I overtake :eek: I took on a golf tdi, a 110bhp example and I left it eating my dust, take that tdi brigade :slayer: remapping is off the cards for a while, I'm looking into getting my own software to reading/writing the flash. Ultimately on the cards is an ms2 :devil:

I drove a 1.2 petrol car the other day, not driven a car so slow for ages was proper crazy, (no offence intended) took me back to my standard cinq days. Gotta say though i miss having the ability to drive everywhere flat-out, you just can't do that with more powerful engines. And I'm SSSOOOooooo jealous you have that tunnel near you, i want one :(

Very true, I drove a corsa 1.2 home a few months ago to cut up, it holds th record of being the most gutless piece of rubbish ive ever driven :yuck: even my old Sei was miles quicker, 0.9 litre too!!! :p The tunnel is approx 10 miles away :D must take it to the port tunnel and record it... :worship:

its a weird thing ive drove these and they have been quick and some have been mega slow. it depends on whats been done :).

im sure this will be well quicker than a standard 1.2 :-0

Ironic you should mention that, when we got my mums Bravo, it had a problem with the ecu plugs so it had approx 40bhp at times and uncontrollable revving (the accelerator jammed open on the motorway on me :eek:) we got to the bottom of it and just a week later, a combine ran me off the road into a watercut :cry: my dads Bravo was awful slow when he got it and about 6 months into ownership, the engine blew up surprise surprise :rolleyes: we installed a "new" engine and ever since its a totally different car (y) it just depends on how well theyre minded... My car on the other hand will eat anything below a 1.6 that isnt turboed and out handles almost everything else, its a "little" bit quicker than a standard 1.2 (y)

No updates I'm afraid, college has me buried....

....Since when did that stop progress with this car though? This to be fitted tomorow night (y) at long last, the Abarth bumper has me driven mad at this stage!!!

Image0817.jpg

Image0818.jpg

Image0819.jpg

Stay tuned! :yum:

Going through this entire thread, i realised your Tailight was smashed too, Mine was the same, till i replaced it :p, Made a lamp with the old one, would upload a pic, but FF wont let me upload anymore :(

Back