Technical Valve guide seals

Currently reading:
Technical Valve guide seals

It's amazing how many changes this engine series went through in it's life, I have two Panda heads Both had cracks between the valves on one cylinder. The 1983 head has the larger stem seals on the intake valve only, the later 1986 head has the seals on both valves!!! I vaguely remember it was to do with emissions in the early days - all part of the development process I suppose??
Ian.
Yes I have come across both of those options also. They also fitted the lip type valve seals on the later 650 heads on the inlet valves.
I also have a Panda 30 Head without the cracks 😳
As for 500 heads all the ones I have have no gas relief groove including one dated 1983
F844A63F-9787-47B8-908F-28E406AB9FF1.jpeg
Grooves are all in the cylinder tops. I found images of a very early 126 594cc engine I rebuilt and that had the gas groove in the cylinder tops. As Tom said Fiat understandingly used up older parts so one guy got caught out by the 500 conrods fitted to the early 126 594 when he fitted 126 big end shells which cut off the oil squirt jet to the cylinder walls.
Looking through my records of builds the latest dated 126 650 head I found was 1998.

Thanks Toshi, how much for 4 valve? do you have bronze guides?

Back