Technical Valve clearances and locking wheel bolts mk1

Currently reading:
Technical Valve clearances and locking wheel bolts mk1

MadMan0

Mk1 Punto Owner - 51 Mpg
1997 mk1 1.1 spi 8v 55s
The valve clearances need doing as part of the service but I don't have the tool needed to check these - and i cannot find the right sizes of feeler gauge at our local parts store.

How much such I expect to pay to have these done at our local Fiat garage?

Also, does anyone know the size of locking wheel bolts needed for the mk1 alloys?

What? Just pop into any engineer's merchant (I'm sure that a few remain in London) and buy a standard set of metric feeler guages. Or Machine Mart do them.

You change the size of the blades by using two (or more!) blades together. Simples!

Shims -- assuming you'll need one or two -- are cheapest from Fluffy the Impaler.

Dunno what FIAT would charge you -- in London I'd expect to be paying 50 pouind an hour labour, and if a shim needs changing it'll be close to the 2 hour mark.

Dunno about the wheelnuts -- why not measure?

cool, well i got the locking wheel nuts today, i went into store and we tried to match them - i think we went though every set:p

The computer they had suggested two, the first was way off and the next looks fine although a little shorter than the standard wheel bolts I have, looking at some other threads i assume this is normal, for them to be a bit shorter ~ 8mm shorter in thread length (y)

I'm going to go into Fiat and see how much they would charge to do the valves(y) (At some point this year:p)

Back