Valve caps locked!

Currently reading:
Valve caps locked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonKeebz

I REGRET BUYING SOME CHROME LOOK VALVE CAPS FROM POUNDLAND NOW AS THEY WERE FINE DURING SUMMER BUT NOW AFTER THE WINTER HAS HAD ITS MOST LIKELY HELPING EFFECT THE CAPS ARE LOCK SOLID, UNSCREWABLE, TRIED USING PLYERS AND WD-40 AND PLYERS TO HOLD THE RUBBER TUBE OTHERWISE IT JUST SPINS. NO LUCK :bang: IM JUST DAMAGING THE RUBBER TUBE ON THE VALVE. SO MY MOT IS COMING UP IN MARCH IF I LEAVE IT FOR THEM TO CHECK BUT FAIL TO REMOVE THEM WILL IT FAIL?! :eek: IM GUESING ONLY WAY TO FIX IS TO REPLACE THE TYRES :cry: OR HOW ABOUT DO THEY HAVE AN INNER TUBE LIKE A BIKE! ? :confused: THE MOT GUY WILL THINK I HAVE A SET OF CAPS FROM HALFORDS WHERE U GET A KEY TO UNLOCK THEM TO PREVENT THEFT BUT NO THEIR ARE POUNDERS GONE WRONG. lol. hELP Please ? :worship:thanks. (avoid saying replace all four tyres! :( )

what i would do is remove the air and then the valve center (get the tool from halfords/push bike shop)
then heat up the cap with a lighter. and just keep trying with heat and wd40 till they come out.

if all else fails id try to break them off (if they are thin type) but be sure to thread something into the valve first to stop you crushing the tube (the tool for removing the valve usually have a thread tap so just screw that into there

Errr....how long have valve caps been part of the MOT??
Anyway......Go to your local cheapo back street tyre fitter. Ask him to.....

Remove each wheel
Cut off the valve stem with stanley knife or wire cutters
Remove tyre from rim
Replace valve stem
Refit tyre
Reinflate tyre
Refit to car
X4

If he is any good he will mark the tyre relative to the wheel and put it back in the same place so it wont need to be rebalanced. Probable cost about 20 sheets

BTW...next time life throws a tricky situation your way....like which end of the toothbrush goes in my mouth or will it hurt if take the back off my TV and stick my finger in there? Please dont hesitate to ask....we are here to help.

thanks for advice and seems to me ur just taking the mick out of me from my original post about the comment of just asking you if i need to know which end of the toothbrush goes in my mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back