Value my Marea?

Currently reading:
Value my Marea?

B

bulldog5046

Just to be clear, this is not a for sale thread.

I'm looking for a little help trying to value my marea as i'm considering selling her.

for anyone who hasnt read the build thread here is a brief overview:

1999 Metallic Black Marea Weeekend HLX
Originally a 2.0 20v coverted to 2.0 20v Turbo (full coupe conversion).

the current engine has very low milage, i bought the bottom end from a car which suffered a cambelt failure, it turned out this was only 18months old and was a Fiat refurbished engine, i replaced the big ends and fitted the cylinder head from my previous engine, pretty high milage cylinder head but it was pressure tested, skimmed and all cleaned only 6k previously.

3k ago i fitted a brand new hybrid turbo.

2k ago i fitted Brembo sport cross drilled disc's and Pagid RS29 pads, these give serious breaking power and do not fade even with repeated high speed laps of Castle combe.

the conversion was originally carried out in April 2008 but continued to develop after this into what is now a real monster.

the car was remapped with the old turbo by FCPerformance, i had been putting off an updated map for the hybrid until i fitted a FMIC, SIP & bigger downpipe.

estimated power is around 250bhp, fastest 1/4mi in 14.75 and fastest recorded 0-60 in 6.2. these are real world figures not made up.

the car drags to the left which seems to be caused by one of the rear wheels being out of line, i believe this is due to the rear subframe being damaged in a previous accident.

the car has been hit a number of times but has always been repaired, most recently was a new bonnet, headlight, resprayed bumper as someone reversed into it.

there is currently no MOT or TAX, i think i could had a new MOT on it for around £400 - 2x tyres, exhaust patch and i expect these would be some little bits that need doing, nothing serious.

the car does not have ABS, this was one item i could not get working after the conversion, i spent alot of money replacing the entire system for a Coupe systems but was still unable to get it working. i've gotten used to not having it, can be quite interesting locking a wheel at 130mph :)

if anyone has any kind of idea of the price i should ask for the car i would appreciate it, i have around £6,000 of receipts for the conversion but i imagen i would only get £1000-1500 for the car in the current state, just looking for some ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Ry

Blimey! Is FF down today? ;)
How do Bulldog and welcome to the dark side. I know you lurk a bit on here so thanks for understanding and adhering to the sales policy and as long as it's valuations all is good.
In terms of valuation, you're probably not far off at £1k but I would have thought you'd get more by putting it back to standard and selling the upgrades to be honest.

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

its true, i could make alot of money if i broke it for parts rather than tried to sell it whole.

i'm reluctant to do this as i put so much effort into it in the first place, i'd ideally like it to goto a new loving owner that would keep it on the road.

if the price is too low i may just sell the expensive bits and scrap the rest of it :(

Ry

The biggest issue you've got is that it's such a niche car. I know how much you love your Mareas having lurked on FF long enough but it's like any modded car isn't it. Shame.
What you thinking of replacing it with?

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

i dont like the term 'replaced'.

i bought a BMW Z4 3.0 convertible in november to be a more reliable every day car, but since i've bought it the Marea hasnt been used :(

the only thing i have lined up for it is a day at Castle Combe in April.

Ry

Blimey... My chin just hit the floor! If I has that money I would snap it up. But as oz said you would e better stripping it.

And if you dId I would be very interested in the leather and the wheels and the bonnet lifters, just to help you, I broke a Weekend last year and without selling the front suspension and any of the engine I made £1100.

Hope this helps. It is a sad day to here this though:-(

cheers

robin

RAT20V_MAREA2_sig.jpg

Fiat Marea Weekend 2.0 20v HLX 147 83k and so far so good!

ill give you 100 quid for it and take a chance ;)

Ry if i had the money i would make you a serious offer, all the work and parts i would have put it at around the 1k mark (Due to lack of MOT) like others have said you could break it for more but could you realy start to rip her apart after all that graft you have put in.

stephend

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

What a twa* who puts 27 pounds of petrol in a diesel? derrr

The engine, turbo, brakes, gearbox would sell for around £1500 which makes it hard to justifying selling the whole car for £1k.

if i MOT'd the car would people be willing to splash more cash?

Ry

the no MOT is the biggest thing you will come up against, from what i have read on FF i dont think for one min that you are the type of guy who has cut any corners during the build. however with a full 12 months mot it will give any prospective buyer that little bit more confidence. May be i was a little harsh with my initial estimate of 1k

if it were mine (how i wish) i would MOT it and offer it for sale around the £2200 mark with a view to taking offers around £1800 - £2000.

even if you sell it for 2.5k you will think you have been robbed and the buyer will think he has had a bargain!!

like i said if i had the money i would put an offer on the table, this is in a nutshell the type of car I want! Good luck when you do decide to sell it...

Stephen d

PIC_0085-1-2.jpg

What a twa* who puts 27 pounds of petrol in a diesel? derrr

The problem is the package that it is in, it's an estate, people don't want them. Marea's aren't worth anything anyway, so it doesn't matter how much hard work or what engine it has in it, they are not wanted, but oh how they are wrong and how beautiful mareas are :D

Sig.jpg

i reckon its worth way more then 1k! u will get around £2200 for it at least if its mot'd.. the mot just puts a peace of mind to the buyer... however like said before because its a marea its gonna be harder to sell... if it was a bravo then it wouldnt be a problem.. but i reckon its worth way more then 1k! think of it as this way.. your car has one of the best fiat engines ever built!

Sorry guys but this is now turning into selling. as the original question has been answered thread is now locked.

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page