using oil/smokey exhaust help + police rant

Currently reading:
using oil/smokey exhaust help + police rant

my poor car :( its used up 2 litres of oil in past 2 days, iv done about 150 miles. its smoking quite a bit, enough for police attention anyway, now i know its probably head gasket/piston rings but i simply cannot afford to repair that atm!

the car is currently de-catted, do you think if i refit the cat, will it filter out the smoke a bit? so i get less police attention? im not really using the car much atm, but i went out for a little bit last night and a little bit tonight and got pulled over both times :( some police really are *****, the police yesterday just pulled me and said your cars ****ed mate, it will be the head gasket, the amount of smoke its putting out is quite dangerous, should get it looked at, looked at my licence and let me on my way, police tonight, said go home and if i see you driving again tonight i will arrest you and impound your car, ***** :(

can see the smoke in this video (can see it when i pull away, its like that all the time), its quite bad but i did not think it was so bad to be told to go home.

joys of driving eh :cry: mind you, he did say tonight, technically its morning now, so can go out now? :devil:

Last edited:
mind you, he did say tonight, technically its morning now, so can go out now? :devil:

yeaaaaa its morning go out, then say the same thing to him, but if your headgasket dodgy i wouldnt personally, i cant see much smoke in the vid though, could just be not filtering like you said:confused:

yeaaaaa its morning go out, then say the same thing to him, but if your headgasket dodgy i wouldnt personally, i cant see much smoke in the vid though, could just be not filtering like you said:confused:
i would lol :p but im too tired, i wouldnt usually drive it if something is wrong but the car does drive brillaint, and has done for the past 300 odd miles, its just been burning oil which leads to heavy smoke and a dirty car, but how well the car runs, you wouldnt think anything is wrong with it.

i would lol :p but im too tired, i wouldnt usually drive it if something is wrong but the car does drive brillaint, and has done for the past 300 odd miles, its just been burning oil which leads to heavy smoke and a dirty car, but how well the car runs, you wouldnt think anything is wrong with it.

odd lol:confused:
maybe it is just the fact its de-catted so its not filtering properly or you've got one heck of an oil leak to go through 2litres in 2days!!!!

try and see whether you can fix it yourself. surely on those engines it won't be too difficult? you still not sorted it since you got towed by the AA?

yeah i had that sorted, im just rather pissed off cos iv spent several hundred on this engine, on cambelt etc :( and paid out for gearbox to be taken off to have a core plug replaced. just duno what to do :cry: probably fit a new engine? but then im gonna need to spend a fair bit on doing stuff to it, like the belts etc, and that engine could just go pop any time.

yeah i had that sorted, im just rather pissed off cos iv spent several hundred on this engine, on cambelt etc :( and paid out for gearbox to be taken off to have a core plug replaced. just duno what to do :cry: probably fit a new engine? but then im gonna need to spend a fair bit on doing stuff to it, like the belts etc, and that engine could just go pop any time.

do you know anyone whos a mechanic, like a mate or anything? if you do just get them 2 come out one time with you and stand there while you drive and see if they know why its doin it?

beau dont be an idiot,the car is not road worthy if its belching out smoke.
you have just passed and your driving an unsafe vehicle!"!
police are doing the right thing so you have nothing to rant about.

if you dont have the money to run it then put it off the road.
im using the bus just now as my cars dead.thats life either pay up or shut up ;)

The cat won't help, and may even be killed by that amount of oil being dumped into it. Please, someone close by put him onto a self employed mechanic where they can split the garages outrageuos mark up between them and its a happy outcome for all including the car.

they are****** because you're too tight to spend money on a decent car, and too technically inept to keep one in good condtion? perhaps you displayed this hard attitude at the time of your stops beau? or did you stfu and accept you drive a ****bucket that shouldnt be on the road?

I don't know why you complaining about the Police, they didn't even do anything to you other than tell you to get it fixed, which you should anyway. They were well within their rights to have it seized and you would have to pay for it to be towed and storage. If it had been a vehicle inspector they would have taken you off the road as it clearly wouldn't meet MOT standards.

I have only been stopped a few times in 20 years of driving and everytime they have been very courteous and friendly. Once they even gave me a photo of my car, I thought it was a gift but apparently they wanted £60.00 :).

Treat them with respect and you will get respect back.

Sorry beau but you have bought a lemon by the sounds of it

Wasnt this an ebay purhase? Just shows that a cheap bargain may not be so cheap afterall, a lesson for us all when bidding on vehicles on ebay. Did you check it out first? Think i know the answer already

Sorry beau but you have bought a lemon by the sounds of it

Wasnt this an ebay purhase? Just shows that a cheap bargain may not be so cheap afterall, a lesson for us all when bidding on vehicles on ebay. Did you check it out first? Think i know the answer already

you win some, you loose some, he has bagged a few bargains in the past, just seems to have chosen the wrong car to use

Back