Using Multiecuscan for phonic wheel reset

Currently reading:
Using Multiecuscan for phonic wheel reset

Hello all. I only joined the forum about 3 weeks ago because I was thinking of buying a registered copy of MULTIECUSCAN. I decided on this because I seem unable to cure myself of Fiatititis, an annoying affliction! Anyway, having, with great sadness, many tears, and great gnashing of teeth, parted with Felicity, our 1992 Panda Parade, my oldest boy acquired a 2012 Punto 1.4 8 valve earlier last year. The car was under a years warranty and fully serviced when he took it on and a visual inspection supported that. I also noticed new discs and pads on the front - unusual for a dealer to splash out like that, wonder what it came into stock like? Anyway, he mentioned to me the other day that other than checking levels and doing tyre pressures the car was as delivered. Obviously needs a service. Checked service book. Very good, full service history but no record of a cam belt having been renewed. So, Dad needs to do a big service and cam belt. Bought Haynes manual. Browsed around the internet and FF in particular. Lots of good stuff, especially Andy Monty's guide to changing the belt, and it looks very like the Panda to do, but I've only had very old models, and so didn't know about this ECU reset that's needed after doing the belt.

After a lot of consideration I bought the multiplexed version of Multiecuscan because I am used to using VCDS (a program of similar ability to MES for VAG stuff with just one interface) from Gendan. I was very worried about downloading and configuring the whole thing as I'm absolutely pathetic with computers! But, it all went well, just followed the instructions. Haven't yet tried to connect to his car as it's garaged on the other side of town (I'm in Edinburgh). Just opened the box containing the Gates belt kit and the instructions inside confirm that an ECU relearn will be required after the belt is fitted. Looked a lot on the FF site and internet and you tube and I think what I need to know is, step by step, screen by screen, how to do the memory clearance and phonic wheel relearn? I've read about this rev up to 5000 rpm 3 times and switch off to store new values but I believe there is a whole memory wiping and setting up proceeded to do prior to that?

Anyone able to help? Please pretty please?
Ind regards to all
Jock

Back