USB Stick freezing and stop playing

Currently reading:
USB Stick freezing and stop playing

francis

Hi there folks!

I just got my 500 this week, and I was really excited about Blue&Me. Just ordered an iPod adapter.

I updated my B&M to 5.5. Among other issues (that little humming and noise when the synthesized voice speaks and while changing tracks on media player), one is really annoying:

After I transferred some songs to a USB stick, I was playing them on my car. Suddenly, after I skip forward to some tracks, it won't play other tracks on the USB. I take the stick out and in again, and nothing. When I go to the media player menu, it says there's no media inserted. I take the USB stick to the computer, add or delete a song, get back to the car, it plays normally, only to, after some songs, stop playing again.

Any clues on how to fix this?

Well, I noticed that when I save only .mp3 files on my USB stick, I have no problem at all. It seems that 5.5 doesn't handle well the presence of other files, such as .m4a or aac. Before, the Media Player would just hang a bit, but would skip to another track. Now, with 5.5, it just hangs. So the temporary fix for me was to just use .mp3.

I ordered my iPod adapter, so hopefully that will help.

The problem with 'loosing' tracks on an USB stick has happened once to me and it was only a couple of tracks from a certain album that i lost so i just had to put the tracks back onto the stick again from my computer. There is a under-lying issue that comes up again & again on here with people having problems with playing music on USB sticks. The simplest soloution that works everytime for me is use reliable USB sticks (like that would use on your computer) no bigger than 2GB and only save the music in mp3 format. Everyone else seems to have issues if it saved in other formats.

Thats the best advice i have

Dar Tim84,

Thank you very much for your advice. I noticed that things are working pretty smooth now that I'm using just mp3 files on the usb stick. However, soon it will change, as I ordered the iPod adapter. I believe that it won't bring any problems, and that I'll be able to play my .aac files without any trouble.

Cheers,

Francis

Back