URGENT! Need help!

Currently reading:
URGENT! Need help!

A

Ant Wells

Got in the car to go to work, started the engine and all was well. Then suddenly everything went off (no stall, just cut out) and there was a small cloud of smoke that came from the steering column? What could this be? Needs sorting by saturday as that's whne I next have work.

Any advice appreciated

Smoke from the steering column? Not havin luck with this 'cheap runabout' mate. If it cut out aswell would that not mean the airbag has blown,Hence the smoke?

Well it was fine when I got it and you never know what is going to go wrong with it. There's all sorts wrong with it at the moment lol

I'll have to take it to bits tomorrow and check the fuses/relays :/ Stupid bloody fiats!

Had a quick look this morning and the ignition fuse has blown. If I replace this then there is still the chance it could happen again isn't there? Obviously something has burnt out around the steering column but how di I found out what?

Problem solved...replaced ignition fuse and found the culprit wire. It was the REM that I wired into the ignition barrel going to the amp. No idea why it burnt out but it's clear it was this wire as the wire inside the plastic shroud was black for about an inch down the wire.

you wire your amp in with the ignition? whats the difference with wiring it in that than the rem wire on your stereo? when your stereo comes on,so does ya amp?
i put my REM on a switch 'cos 1) i have a dodgy alt and 2) cba with it 'BOOM BOOM BOOM' all time lol

i just thought of airbag with you having smoke from around that area :)