Urgent help - ecu light - fiat punto

Currently reading:
Urgent help - ecu light - fiat punto

noel2013

Hi all and thanks firstly for reading.

On Monday I was driving my girlfriends 2003, 1.2 Fiat Punto. I went round a sharp left hand corner a bit too fast, and straight away the engine lost power and started spluttering. Then the ECU amber warning light started flashing. I think there was a point also where the flashing light turned into a solid light. The car is driveable but considerably less power and sounds like mis-firing.

Anyway, I got the RAC down and they tested the Coils and also said the ECU was ok. (he did seem in a bit of a rush though ). He suggested getting new spark pugs and leads as they were in a bad state, and that would hopefully fix it.

I took it to A.T.S. and they changed the above ( and also the oil and filter ), but the car still has the same problem as before so is no better what so ever. I asked them what it could be and they said it may be the ECU. I am aiming to take it back tomorrow or Friday for another look.

I failed to tell them when I took it in, about the Sharp left hand bend as my girlfriend was with me (!).

Could that incident be just a total coincidence or is there something related, maybe a sensor, or something else that could be causing the problem to the mis-firing ?

Hope someone cn help as I do not want to get ripped off.

Cheers
Noel

Back