General Urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!! Headlight Washer jets

Currently reading:
General Urgent !!!!!!!!!!!!! Headlight Washer jets

I assume headlight washer jets were factory fitted on some models. I have never seen them so are they the type that pop up when you activate them or are they visible above the bumper all the time?
If they are the pop up type you are probably in trouble but it they are the other type could you replace them with screen washer jets from Halfords? They do quite a range.
The only problem there would be that screen washer jets tend to give one, two or three distinct jets whereas headlamp washers usually put out a fan of water.
Having had headlamp washers on two or three cars in the past I have to say, for me, they don't do much good anyway.:)

i need the two headlight washers (whole unit) because im fitting the HLX bumper to my SX

copyofcnv00022b.jpg

Dont mind if its the bravo/a or Marea Washers just need 2 of them otherwise i cant fit the bumper :bang:

Last edited:
I've asked someone who might have some from a Bravo. You don't need to fit them though - and it could be argued that it looks a lot better without them!

i think i like the bumper with the washers , plus i have already fitted the washer tank with the twin pumps and done all the wiring , plus i think she looks the nuts with the washer,give a luxury feel
Photo-00012.jpg

The h/light washers only operate when the h/lights are actually on, they do not operate otherwise.
They surge for a coulpe of seconds then stop abit like the new mist sprays but alot more powerfull and will only operate when you pull the washer stalk back for a few seconds, you can here the motor as its quite noisy.
I noticed that quite a few have blockages and if leaft to run dry then quite often will develop a air lock.
The wiring is present on all models as far as I know, look for a unconnected plug by the washer motor on the tank.

The h/light washers only operate when the h/lights are actually on, they do not operate otherwise.
They surge for a coulpe of seconds then stop abit like the new mist sprays but alot more powerfull and will only operate when you pull the washer stalk back for a few seconds, you can here the motor as its quite noisy.
I noticed that quite a few have blockages and if leaft to run dry then quite often will develop a air lock.
The wiring is present on all models as far as I know, look for a unconnected plug by the washer motor on the tank.

the wiring was present but when i hocked the motor up to the existing wire nothing happend, Fiat say that the fuse for the headlight washers isnt avaliable on my car

so theres a wire their for nothing :bang:

so i used the conector and wired it up to the normal motor, only prob being that i wil use all the screenwash in 10mins:bang:

Could fix it with a relay, so it only works when the headlamps are on?

Mine has the pump and the wire connected, but didn't feel the pump doing anything when the sprinklers were on. Didn't have the multimeter handy to see if there was any power present, and no spanners either to get the coolant tank out the way to get a better look.

Last edited:
Back