Technical uprated engine mounts

Currently reading:
Technical uprated engine mounts

arc

this is where i stand
Whilst swapping the engine over, i realised how..knackered my engine mounts are.

Gearbox Mounting - LH Rear
All Models
Part Number: S4P936
Manufacturer: European
Listed Price: £12.69
Our Price: £9.52

and

Gearbox Mounting - LH Front
1108cc
Part Number: S4P937
Manufacturer: European
Listed Price: £28.77
Our Price: £21.58

From shop4parts. Does anyone do updated engine mounts for our cars, or anyone know where i can buy normal ones cheaper ? :)

AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH I just paid Fiat £65 (€30+€72) for a pair of mounts as mine are about to drop the engine onto the deck :( I'd love to get uprated ones for the 16v car but unless rallycinq or Powerflex see a market for them it will have to be a service item for a while. As for getting them cheaper than shop4parts - me doubt it.

'cnqsnmns

I can see a market, but its trying to get something that works, is easy to fit, doesn't reduce the gap between it and the road, and doesn't cost the earth.

The prototype started as a billet of alloy that is now much smaller, and, as a mount works at 90 degrees to the direction of the current one.

Cheers

D

Well as a quick note, the front NS engine mount on the cinqs and seis (both FIRE versions) are different. The Cinq one is vertically loaded mount whereas the Sei is bar that is loaded along its horizontal. I should be able to explain this better, i'm a partly qualified engineer. If you look at eper it becomes clearer.

Mmm, but the NS mount rarely needs attention - shop4parts don't even sell it. I went to buy another pair of these from shop4parts but it comes to £52 with postage - I give up. I'm off to buy a Daewoo Matiz...

cinqsandminis said:
I give up. I'm off to buy a Daewoo Matiz...

smilieghost.gif
microwave.gif
boese055.gif
sleep.gif

Back