Uprated bulbs? Advice please

Currently reading:
Uprated bulbs? Advice please

I'm looking into fitting Uprated bulbs to my 126. The current setup uses old style p45t bulbs rated at 40/45w and as you can imagine is about as bight as a birthday cake candle so I was thinking of fitting some more power halogen 55/60w bulbs. Can I do this without any hassle? I'm thinking it should be ok as the circuit uses a relay so shouldn't melt the switch but I'm worried about the light casing itself? Has anyone had any experience with these old style bulbs? The ones I currently use are the round ball style bulb but I want to fit the more familiar H4 style one like this

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 11
I'm looking into fitting Uprated bulbs to my 126. The current setup uses old style p45t bulbs rated at 40/45w and as you can imagine is about as bight as a birthday cake candle so I was thinking of fitting some more power halogen 55/60w bulbs. Can I do this without any hassle? I'm thinking it should be ok as the circuit uses a relay so shouldn't melt the switch but I'm worried about the light casing itself? Has anyone had any experience with these old style bulbs? The ones I currently use are the round ball style bulb but I want to fit the more familiar H4 style one like this
I think you would be fine, dont think would melt anything but would try in one lamp first and see what happens but to be honest i dont think you would have any trouble at all

Back