General Updating my Uno Turbo engine, need to pick your brain

Currently reading:
General Updating my Uno Turbo engine, need to pick your brain

Hello all,

Got 2 questions I need to see if any of you know.

Background:
I've got an X1/9 which has been updated/converted with a turbo engine from Uno. (1,3, series 1 engine)
However the turbo gave up after a few months of coverting and we decided to play around a little.
Turbo has now been replaced with a larger turbo from a Coupé 16v, and also with a much larger intercooler.
It all has been working absolutley great, loads of fun.
But earlier this spring before it come out of winter rest, I decided to take care of renovating the engine top.
Got a friend that builds rally engines (mostly Volvo) and he just said, give me the top and I'll fix it for you :D

So, I've been looking for, to possibly replace the injectors that would work better with the updated engine.
So here's my 2 questions.

1, I googled a little and found out that injectors from a SAAB 9000 would work? IF so which ones? If anyone has done this?

2, Also been thinking of remapping the computer boxes, however I was told by a friend that you can't do that as these are rather old these days. Any light on this?

many thanks for your help.

Uffe

Curious to find out what did you do. Its true that these computers cannot be programed. The only thing you can do is play a bit with tge bosch jetronic maf, so that it injects a bit more gas. Keeo me posted

There are generally two types of injectors, high impedance and low impedance, pretty sure saab are low impedance, not sure what fiat are.
If changing the injectors then you should adjust the pressure to get a similar flow rate to the original mapping. (or if changing the mapping then set to match)

What ecu is in the car? some older ECUs had an eprom (or prom) with the maps in them, these can be remapped with a new eprom

There are generally two types of injectors, high impedance and low impedance, pretty sure saab are low impedance, not sure what fiat are.
If changing the injectors then you should adjust the pressure to get a similar flow rate to the original mapping. (or if changing the mapping then set to match)

What ecu is in the car? some older ECUs had an eprom (or prom) with the maps in them, these can be remapped with a new eprom
Unlike the coupe the unos haven't got an eprom chip, sadly. With stock ecu the max safe hp is around 150

Back