Technical uno turbo will not start....

Currently reading:
Technical uno turbo will not start....

markgq4

hi all,
I have an uno T which i stripped down last year to re-paint,
but when i put it all back together it wouldnt start,
theres no spark at all.. :bang:

i have tested all the wiring, changed cap and rotor arm, and i have changed both the crank sensors and the coil pack and amplifier, and still no spark !
so only thing left i can see is ECU?

unless anyone knows of other possible faults??

anyone have an ECU, or know of one for sale?

i need MED610A.

hi all,
I have an uno T which i stripped down last year to re-paint,
but when i put it all back together it wouldnt start,
theres no spark at all.. :bang:

i have tested all the wiring, changed cap and rotor arm, and i have changed both the crank sensors and the coil pack and amplifier, and still no spark !
so only thing left i can see is ECU?

unless anyone knows of other possible faults??

anyone have an ECU, or know of one for sale?

i need MED610A.

I doubt its the ecu, but you never know.

I'd suggest you put a volt/amp meter across both the gear box sensor and knock sensor in the head - i've had these die for no good reason. IIRC it should have a resistance of 1 ohm, but i could be totally wrong! If there is bugger all/very little resistance thats where your problem lies...

Have you either spark or fuel, or nada?

Tom

check the cluster of earths under the battery tray and the condition of the wire and the spade ends as they rot, also the connector plug under the headertank, usualy mouldy green wire as peeps spill antifreeze and water on them and over the years it deteriorates, Ant!

As all the suggestions above. Also check the ignition switch and make sure power is getting through to the fuel pump. No spark suggests a faulty crank sensor or a wiring issue connected with this. You need to methodically go through the ignition wiring to make sure all is working as it should. And I agree that it rare for the ECU's to be at fault though it is still a possibility.

Check the earths first as Ant says, then go though the ignition system checking that each part is working. You'll get to the problem eventually - good luck!

hi all, thanks very much for all the replies, much appreciated. (y)

yes i have fuel just no spark,

i have had an auto electrician out, (hes a pretty good one, used him before an alfas ive had) first time he checked all the wiring and sugested the crank sensor(s), which i bought new pulley one and i also bought the gearbox end one too,
and on getting him back 2nd time he said can only be coil pack amplifier/ignition module, which i have changed, OR the ecu itself.

i have also been thro the wiring from the ignition switch to ecu and all the sensors etc, and done the tests in the haynes book, which also says only thing left is ECU fault.

also tried it without the pressure sensor connected as i read this can cut ignition too.

so unfortunately it seems it must be the ecu itself,:(
now i just have to find one ..... :eek:

http://capetown.gumtree.co.za/c-Car...omputer-Box-Port-Elizabeth-W0QQAdIdZ215947512

There is a local guy who has been trying to get rid of his... maybe he can mail it to you, international mail tends to be about 10 working days. He has been reposting the add for a few weeks, and wants about 40 pounds for it.

While you are there just check all the modified uno turbos for sale...

"Very fast uno turbo with lsd pushing 213kw/375nm @1.8bar boost.
12000km done on new 1400cc prototype motor at only 1bar boost.
Very well looked after."

68141gi_19.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you have the correct lives/earths at the coil plug, if you are a live down try the connector under the headertank, fiddly to get to, mine was welded together with this strange green fungus, anyway it turned to dust the guy who i bought it off said he had 2 good auto electricians on it, on of them put the crank sensor on wrong 12mm gap, and a rouge blue wire to ignition cowl, you need a good tester and study the wiring diagrams at the back of the haynes its all there, i stared fitting a new 2 stage rad fan switch,(turned to dust) and ended up soldering a lot of new wire in and spade ends, esp the earths under battery tray, strip back the black wire till you reach gold Ant!

Back