General Uno rough idle

Currently reading:
General Uno rough idle

UnoMia

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has experienced this problem with their Uno? Mine is the 1100cc model. Recently the car has started to idle roughly. The idle speed will stay steady for awhile then 'surge' for a bit and then settle down again. What is worse is that when driving in stop-go traffic it will sometimes randomly cut-out - but not always. Genrally the engine will restart first time but sometimes it needs several tries to restart.

I've done the following to try and solve this problem;
Rebuilt the Weber carb, fitting a new carb kit, needle and seat, readjusted the float level, blew all jets out, etc.
Replaced the fuel filter.
Replaced all the spark plugs.
Checked the timing with a strobe light.
Checked the cam belt for correct fitment and tension.

The engine runs at normal temperature, even in traffic.

I'm now wondering if it could be the distributor ignition module as I've read these can give problems. As the this is quiet an expensive item to replace I'd like to know if anyone thinks this might be the problem? Any ideas would be appreciated. :confused:

Thanks.(y)

i have the 999cc spi model but i think the ignition moduel is the same and i had to replace mine for similar reasones only i had to wait for the car to cool before it whould restart

i whould see if you can try one of someones car first to see if it solves the problem

i'm not sure if they are the same for carb models as they are for injection

or mabey the hallefects sender in the distributer these can give trouble with the wires for it being flexed all the time by the vacume advance

Hi,

Yes, it's Midas. I've tried them but they only sell the whole distributor.... at some silly price! They don't have any at the moment though. I think I'll have to change it soon though as I'm also thinking it's the problem.

Back