General uno reputation

Currently reading:
General uno reputation

280k miles was that on the same engine? There is one on ebay at the moment with 180k miles. Says it has a new engine but strangly enough when I asked they have no receipts to prove it. Something about being rubbish with paperwork.

I dont know to be honest. The body work gave the impression it could have covered the distance and at the same time suggested it wouldn't have made financial sense to replace the engine, so who knows!

Tom

people usually laugh at my car aswell... not sure whats funny!?

but yeah not too many people like it, some people think its cool that i have a very economical car.. alot of people don't believe its 1L and 45HP, its actually awesome performance for what it is, its hitting around 196000k's now, which is like 140-150 miles, which is getting old but i want to see how long i can run her.

I've had two unos, my most recent one - 1992 1 litre is a bit stinky, lost a little compression, occasionally smells of antifreeze (head gasket or just air in water system??) but she keeps going and going, same as the first one - god that was a fast little car.
Thing is, I don't see anything on the market to replace it. Whenever I look at ads for puntos I see 'new head gasket'. I don't want to buy a car that's had the head gasket replaced as I have found they usually go again, what do you reckon?
Out of a choice of 4 cars, we always end up taking the uno on long trips cos she loves 'em and is so reliable and comfortable.
I've really neglected the engine but you wouldn't know it, she never complains just says 'more please'.
I could go on and on......
I suppose I'm one of those little old ladies you mentioned earlier in the thread, sorry guys!

Every1 laughs at my unoTurbo but i just laugh back. Probably 1 of the best cars ever made to have a laugh in and to be left with a massive grin on your face. every1 i know who hated it now loves it, its got to say something

I'm no boy racer (at least not now anyway!) Now 36 years old, and every time I take my restored standard looking mk1 turbo out to blow cobwebs off, I get challenged by the saxo,civic etc brigade!! I had to laugh when a civic v-tec was tailgating me on a quiet straight bit of road. ( I dont scream around built up areas due to being far too sensible in my old age!) But I just had to give this young lad in education in how NOT to mess with uno turbos, especially when they are running with 163bhp. I floored it, and he was soon a tiny spec in my door mirror lol. I slowed down again so I could get a clear view of his jaw dropping from his mouth as he became just another victim! Oh, happy days are here again lol :) .............hides uno away in garage & replaces dust cover over tee hee!

unoracer said:
I'm no boy racer (at least not now anyway!) Now 36 years old, and every time I take my restored standard looking mk1 turbo out to blow cobwebs off, I get challenged by the saxo,civic etc brigade!! I had to laugh when a civic v-tec was tailgating me on a quiet straight bit of road. ( I dont scream around built up areas due to being far too sensible in my old age!) But I just had to give this young lad in education in how NOT to mess with uno turbos, especially when they are running with 163bhp. I floored it, and he was soon a tiny spec in my door mirror lol. I slowed down again so I could get a clear view of his jaw dropping from his mouth as he became just another victim! Oh, happy days are here again lol :) .............hides uno away in garage & replaces dust cover over tee hee!

And you wana sell it?
You love it really (y)

I know what i would do if i was ****ing loaded.......................id buy every UT on ebay that rotten or needs repair n invite all you lot to my huge garage n huge house :D
And just restore them all day, how good would that be? *Runs off to buy lotto ticket*

Any TC heads will remeber Weston Wheels 05', Thank **** i bought my Uno Turbo!!!

Or id have a Corsa on 20"s by now...............i jus couldnt do it now after what my UT has given me..............BIG grins n stronger fore-arms (Boost is good exercise :D "Stay straight you bastard!!! *Trying to do 0-60 by myself holding my phone using the timer and trying to change gear* :eek: hehehe)

I dunno about any of you, but i couldnt go out n buy a scooby or EVO or Cossie..............But an intergrale would do nicely :D

unoracer said:

Mate i know exactly what you mean i just love giving all the Golf GTI boys, Civics and Saxos a whooping in fact last night a VTR was trying to race me and i just thought WHHHHHHHHHY you even trying it for? lol I wasnt even trying to be honest especially as i have just rebuilt the engine and dont like to drive like a boy racer, well at the moment its only running 0.6 bar of boost and yet i STILL left him behind without revving more than 3000rpm in any single gear lol :D hoohahahaha
Just goes to show how underestimated UTs are...
:cool: F R O $ T Y

F R O S T Y said:
Mate i know exactly what you mean i just love giving all the Golf GTI boys, Civics and Saxos a whooping in fact last night a VTR was trying to race me and i just thought WHHHHHHHHHY you even trying it for? lol I wasnt even trying to be honest especially as i have just rebuilt the engine and dont like to drive like a boy racer, well at the moment its only running 0.6 bar of boost and yet i STILL left him behind without revving more than 3000rpm in any single gear lol :D hoohahahaha
Just goes to show how underestimated UTs are...
:cool: F R O $ T Y

1 name:

Lampredi = Legend :D

I do love race stories

Back