Technical Uno Headlight Problem

Currently reading:
Technical Uno Headlight Problem

AdamHodson1986

Hi All, I've sourced out your forum as I'm in desperate need of some help to sort my 1992 Uno 60 headlights. I'm hoping someone has an Idea what's wrong as my MOT expires on Wednesday.

My issue is:
In the side lights position on the stalk I have no lights, In the dipped position I have dipped and Side lights and also the pass light illuminates the Main beam, however when I click down to main beam I have no lights again.

So in summary, all lights functional in dipper beam mode including mains by pulling pass light, but no lights on sidelight or main beam mode.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, I've already spent the day welding the rear strut housing as I took it for pre MOT and it failed on that and lights.
Welding Is all done now but no luck on lights!
Sorry for rambling, I would really appreciate your thoughts as I've already spent more than I would have liked, I need to get another year out of her!
Thanks In Advance, Adam

Last edited:
Hi Adam. My first thought would be something wrong with the stalk switch itself. The contacts may have burnt out or corroded inside the column assembly or something in the mechanics might be worn or loose. I would start by taking off the column housing and having a look to see if anything obvious shows up when you move the stalk up and down. You have probably already thought of this but I can't immediately think of anything else. Ian

Back