Technical uno gearbox question

Currently reading:
Technical uno gearbox question

dtodd2112

I have an mk1 88 uno 1.0l fire and wonder which gearbox would fit??? due to orignal 5 speed gearbox rare to find:bang:

Been wondering if upgrading to a 5-speed is viable myself, but decided the engine doesn't have the grunt. Were there ever 5spd on 45's? Asking because we didn't get mk1's in South Africa.
Johan

yep we dont have many mk1s in the uk, but mine is a 5 speed, not sure if it was an optional extra??

45s were available with 5 speeds if you had a suitable spec. Late Uno Mk2s all had 5 speed boxes and many of them were 999cc FIRE units. Remember, the 5th gear on a 5 speed box is only a little higher than 4th on a 4 speed. It provides flexibility as much as long cruising gear.

problem is , are the later unos using the same gear linkage??
That is irrelevant as I was only answering the question of whether the 999cc engine is up to pulling the 5th gear as the inference was that it was not. The old linkage gearboxes were available in 4 and 5 speeds on the lower power cars from 1983 to 1993.

hows it irrelevant? I opened a thread asking which other gearboxes will fit my mk1 uno, i was explaining that my gearbox is a cable clutch and lever selector, thats not irrelevant, quite an important detail if you ask me???
(y)

hows it irrelevant? I opened a thread asking which other gearboxes will fit my mk1 uno, i was explaining that my gearbox is a cable clutch and lever selector, thats not irrelevant, quite an important detail if you ask me???
(y)

I got confused. There are similar threads around at the moment asking the same thing and I took post #2 as the original question, partly because I was only just reading a thread about gearboxes which you started a few hours before.

wouldnt be a problem if the driveshafts are the same?? i could get a cable selector couldnt I?

wouldnt be a problem if the driveshafts are the same?? i could get a cable selector couldnt I?

Drive shafts are different in length and design as they don't enter the box like the annoying Uno/Panda design. I can supply all the parts you need apart from the gearbox mountings. However, you will find these impossible to source until you find a scrap car with them on, in which case you will have also found a gearbox, shafts and gearchange mech...

theres none up here lol:bang: the gearbox has settled down a bit since the oil change and all gears work, ive took it off ebay, it had about 90 watchers though,,
lewey do you mean the wet cup driveshaft inner cvs on these unos?

Back