Styling UNO Bodykits and Wheel Stud Pattern

Currently reading:
Styling UNO Bodykits and Wheel Stud Pattern

Whilst working with the Monty Python lot on their 40th Anniversary gig, Eric Idle told me my Uno was cool, and she's well and truly standard at the moment.

UNO.jpg

Well I wouldn't say mine was the DoGs Do Da's
BUT it is NoT an EyeSore . .

15149_105057112841036_100000102444280_136438_4403714_n.jpg

Agreed :)
But that dark blue paint is just crying out for a buff and polish, wouldn't you say? :p

My biggest decision re: body mods was whether the sill and wheelarch trims of my Turbo might look better in body colour. I decided that only works if the colour match and paint texture/gloss is exactly right... so they're staying black :)

Lowering the Uno makes the biggest difference to its appearance, I reckon. They can be lowered about 40mm and still look 'standard'! But the front springs must never be cut - they just don't fit if they are.

-Alex

maybe i should check tyres, look little low and that pic 6 months old.

Plate was only reason for deciding to buy an uno blind with no t&t 200 miles away

I'd have that on my list of life acomplishments:

"Number 19: Eric Idle called my car "cool" :D "

If this recession doesn't buck its ideas up and magic up some more graduate teaching jobs i might have to put the eric idle quote on my cv....qualifications not enough these days!

i say we will beep at you...we've changed the steering wheel and now honking is very difficult (unless you're turning sharp corners and pushing on the wheel). plan is to transplant some twin horns off an old fiesta we picked up...should give the range rovers we take on in the streets of kensington a shock...if we see you before then you will have to make do with an elaborate wave

Ironically the next door but one (in as much of a sense as you can have next door neighbours in the middle of nowhere) has a mk1 in the lovely light turquoise colour, mint condition! I noticed it while out on my horse a while ago but lately it seems to be on the road all the time. Two Unos in a tiny village is quite a feat! We always wave elaborately (no flashing, sure that would count as driving without due care and attention?!) but the other guy doesn't wave back.... :( I think he thinks we are mad :p. We always wave at other Unos we see when out and about ... unless we are going too fast to take hand safely off wheel (strictly legal limit... of course)

Back