Technical uno 1.7 D MAINTAINENCE

Currently reading:
Technical uno 1.7 D MAINTAINENCE

sanpor22

HI ,

got myself a USED 1.7 D UNO few weeks back. well maintained car i'd say.

I AM KINDA USED TO SERVICING MY CARS BUT THIS BEING MY FIRST DIESEL I REALLY DONT KNOW ANY THINGS.

can some some help me with regular service requirements of the UNO. and hey! if some one can mail me the user service manual it will be a great help. the usermanual.pdf isnt downloading hence am stuck

lookin forward to all ye guys to get the most out of my UNO

sandeep

service isn't that differnt from a normal petrol driven engine.
it just needs to have more oil changes (10,000 Km from the top of me head).
and on every diesel car it's a whise thing to change the air filter every year, aswell as the fuel filter.

apart from that there is nothing different, brakes and stuff like that are simular.
Cam belt thought it was something like 70,000Km or 3 years (could also be 80 or 90 forgot the exact figure)

THANKS BUDDY.

i do not have the manual hence the confusion. now i do not know if i can use a coolant? if Y then which one? the local mechanic tells me water is recommended, a lil confused.

sandeep

every collent will do fine, but keep in mind that the engine has aluminuim parts, so you need an non corrosive coolent, that will be stated on the can wich it is suplyed in.

nooo no water, atleast not pure water. :bang:
Some coolents/antifreeze come in un mixed bottels, where you need to mix them with water.
But just pure water will do more damage to a cars engine then good.
The different types of material inside the enigne will react to the plain water, cousing corrosion. Wich will damage metal parts inside the cooling system.

Back