Technical Uni fire - desperate [email protected]

Currently reading:
Technical Uni fire - desperate [email protected]

pdretep

I bought my daughter an older uno fire which after general repairs has served well for 18 months.Now it has a reliability problem where it cuts out every now and again,normally when going slow.I suspected flooding after smelling petrol so a new carb kit was put in and it went fine for 2 days then started giving the same trouble. When it stops you can do what you like but it will not fire,i depressed the accelerator pedal to get rid of access fuel but nothing.Leave it of 30 mins and it starts first time but idles badly.Now if i get it started it seems ok for a minute or 2 then starts missing and hunting then starts to splutter fuel out of the top jets and eventually cuts out.The elect idle valve - could this be part of the problem?
I have stripped the unit so many times i can do it in my sleep but can't find anything wrong and am getting desperate.Does anyone have the correct float adjustment specs as i can't find them anywhere.
The coil has also been replaced as has the vacuum adv ret unit.

This sounds like carburettor flooding and I suspect a damaged/ worn/ incorrectly set float/ needle valve assembly. The settings for the carburettor can be found in the Haynes workshop manual depending on the model of Uno you have. Also there were a number of different carburettors fitted to Unos so without knowing the model you have specific settings can't be given just yet!

Back