Technical Undo JTD 1.9 8V Crank Pulley

Currently reading:
Technical Undo JTD 1.9 8V Crank Pulley

mydan

Hi there,

Can someone tell me which way to turn the nut that holds the drive pulley to the crank in order to undo it? I want to undo it to replace the drive belt tensioner and before I start putting some serious leverage on the nut, I want to make sure I'm not tightening it up!

Thanks for your help

Dan

the pulley spins clockwise thus undo the nut counter clockwise (this is safe to assume as the threads would be formed to minimise the risk of the nut being undone by the pulley through normal operation; nevertheless, i've no experience with the jtd.. so.. you could wait for someone else to confirm.. PS: i'm no way responsible for any damage :ROFLMAO:)

Can someone tell me which way to turn the nut that holds the drive pulley to the crank in order to undo it? I want to undo it to replace the drive belt tensioner and before I start putting some serious leverage on the nut, I want to make sure I'm not tightening it up.Dan

Don't undo the big bolt in the middle. Just undo the 4 (maybe 5) smaller torx type bolts around it. The pulley will then pull off. It maybe a bit rusty and difficult to shift though. Tap it with a hammer.

The center bolt is for the cam belt drive pulley. Don't undo it.

Back