General ulysse bits and bobs

Currently reading:
General ulysse bits and bobs

felix

Just got a new Eleganza 2.0JTD. Very nice.

All the onscreen stuff is in French cos the dealer forgot to give me the setup CD, it's now in the post (post strike, natch).
Got the satnav working with the NavTech cd, that's fine (voice synth in French, quite exotic). But what's Connect? When I press the button it says it's disabled, or some such. Am I supposed to do something about it? And I heard a rumour that it'll play mp3 cds, is that correct?
And where do I put a simcard? There's a slot, but it seems to be filled in...

cheers

felix

felix

Hi Felix

I presume you have read the Connect Nav forum on here, may give you a load of answers! The dealer should supply you with forms to activate your first year free subscription; if he has no idea what you are on about, point him towards this site or their own Ulysse sales brochure.

Never heard rumour about mp3 cds - have you tried putting one in and seeing what happens???

And you say the SIM card slot is filled in? What with? The SIM card holder? Have you tried taking it out with a small pointy object?

Cheers

Stuart

Hi Poggy!

I got 2 CDs with my system - one being the Navstar UK Sat Nav disk, the other being a Telematics Disk. This one was used by the dealer to set up the system initially, but I have used it to change the voice synthesis from female to male [and back again - I thought it was awful].

You may need to speak to your supplying dealer!

Stuart

Yup, have read the ConnectNav stuff, thanks. Weird that Fiat are selling a product they know so little about. You'd think they'd be really excited about it. The guy at the dealer who's sending me the setup CD told me he'd never seen any documentation for telematics at all (so I'm not sure if he'll have any registration forms to send me).

Next problems... How do you get the sim card holder out? I've tried with pointy tweezers and tiny pliers so far, and it's starting to shred, but doesn't budge.

And now the alarm's started going off at the drop of a hat. I see you can disable it (I think) by hitting the key lock button twice in a row - seems to work so far - but how're you going to remember that every time?

cheers

felix

felix

Hi Felix,

Now you kinda realise all the problems we have been having with Connect. I think Poggy managed it straightaway, but I am still awaiting a formal response from O2 before I go out and get another network SIM. My dealer has only learnt about Connect through me, although one of the engineers there has seen it once or twice on a Stilo!

I managed to get the SIM card holder out with an electrical tester - this has a nice sharp pointy bit on it [for breaking through wire], and strong enough to get it out.

As far as alarm, have you looked at the other forums? Again, all the answers are out there.

When you say hitting key lock twice, I thought the second one activated the deadlocks? Does it also disable the alarm. I will look once I get home later.

Stuart

Hi,

My Connect wouldn't work with O2 at all, although mine is a Three phone which works on the O2 network. It works fine for normal calls, SMS etc, but not Connect. I had to re-register a Virgin card by faxing Italy with my Connect Number and phone number. I then had to wait 24 hours and it worked first time. I have used it a couple of times and it is fantastic. I know O2 have issues with data management, but I don't know the in's and outs. You can register more than 1 number, I think it is upto 4.

What else does the set up CD do for you, I phoned the dealer and he didn't know much about it (no surprise there). Does anybody have the facility to burn me a copy or lend me one to copy, I would be happy to cover costs etc.

Stuart are you free for a call this afternoon, I can run through how I set up the Connect Nav. The carpets were the luxury full set and cost £72, I also bought the dog guard for £65.00. If you need any accessories, Melbury Motor Company send mail order and offer a discount on authorised parts and accessories. Their website is www.melburymotorcompany.co.uk (or .com).

My car is going into the dealer tomorrow to have the drivers seat heating fixed (in case in suddenly decides to work and overheat) and the sunroof trims and control boxes.

Poggy

Hi Poggy!

I should be around just after 2ish! But may be late, cos pub as usual, and boss not in until 4ish, so may extend my lunchhour slightly! You can use the work number if you want.

I got the full set of carets thrown in for free, so £72 was not too bad. The only thing that is annoying is the strip between the front seats. I cannot attach this to the front footwells and the middle row because that is where the CD Interchanger is situated. But hey, I can live with it.

I do intend to get another SIM, prob Virgin PAYG, but am just curious as to why O2 won't do it. I suppose I am being bloody minded by forcing the issue with them. They haven't replied to my email yet, but saying that, I haven't tried to Connect recently to see if it works!

Thanks for that site. Will check it out now!

As far as CD Setup Disk, the only thing I have used it for is to change the voice from female to male and back again. I don't have access to a burner here, so unable to help. Sorry!

Speak later

Stuart

Hi,

I was thinking of adding the CD changer, in the manual it is installed in the glove compartment. I take it the cables are actually by the driver seat.

Can you leave the Nav CD in the main unit and listen to music in the changer or can you only do one at a time. The only drawback with the Nav system is that the CD has to be in the unit so you can't listen to music.

There is one stupid thing about the sun roofs, if you lock the car all the windows close and the sunroof's go from fully open to vent mode, but they don't close all the way. This means the alarm goes off if you forget to close them manually.

Still the rest of the car is fantastic, although the petrol consumption on my auto is a little bad. I get about 25mpg around town.

Poggy

Hi

One of the reasons [but not the only] I paid extra for Connect + is so that I could leave the SATNAV disk in permanently in the system. This means you always have access to a full colour map, and can zoom in and out, wherever you are, without having a destination!

Means music can be played whenever - the CD goes quiet if any instructions are given re directions. I also noted that the manual showed it in the glovebox, but mine is between the seats, with brackets, and covered by carpet, so looks right! At least it frees up glovebox. Can't see any cables either!

Petrol consumption around town [i.e. school runs] about 32mpg - I try and get about 500 miles to a full tank, but not always the case. Depends on whether been on long trips.

Stuart

On the alarm thing, I was wrong about the two key presses - you're right, it's the "Super Lock" as Fiat call it. What the manual does suggest is that if you "Super Lock" using the key in the keyhole the alarm isn't activated. So I'm trying it tonight.

felix

Thats right - if you lock the car with the keys, no alarm is set. My wife has to do this occasionally if the children are in the car, and has to pop into somewhere [very quickly mind] - if she uses remote, then the alarm will be set! I don't think it has to be superlocked, just locked once.

Stuart

Back