General Ulysee Central Locking Remote

Currently reading:
General Ulysee Central Locking Remote

bigman1519

HELP!

Had battery off for 3 hours to put new starter motor on and central locking will not work with remote. It works fine putting the key in the lock, but nothing else. I've changed battery this morning and still no joy. Any ideas??

You need to press the remote button ( can't remember if it's lock or the unlock, try them both) for 10 seconds or so when you switch on the ignition. Should start working again, I often have the battery disconnected on the ones I break for weeks and they pair up again.

Thanks for that - I'll give it a try first thing in the morning and let you know if it was successful.

tried it this morning - no joy with either the lock or unlock buttons! Any other suggestions welcome.

tried that and still nothing - still locking ok with the key in the door, but no response at all from the remote. Anything else you can suggest?? Cheers

sorry - ignore my ignorance, but I cant get the photo to load. The only one I can find on the web to offer a link to it, was an ebay sale which has expired so no pic. when you click link. Its an oval (ish) shape with two buttons (lock & unlock) and the button that springs the key out! On a google image search its the one 3rd from left on top row. Apologies again and thanks for your help.

Just been out to the car to pick up a CD. Whilst there I thought I would give some of the suggestions another try. Put key in and turned ignition on, held the "Unlock button" down for 15 seconds and then turned ignition off. I got out of the car, shut the door and pressed the "Lock" button and BINGO - it bloody worked. Locked and unlocked the car 6 or 7 times and it worked every time.

Thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions.

Back