Technical Tyre wear

Currently reading:
Technical Tyre wear

What psi do they have in them could be the toeing angle is out common fault

Hi Luigi,
Scroll back through the posts and you will see that this is a common complaint with Qubo owners. our Qubo killed a set of front tyres in about 6.000 miles from new.
My own thoughts on the matter is that if you see heavy tyre wear, get the car in and get the top mount strut bearings checked.
Its only my personal opinion, but it seems that heavy tyre wear, and the strut problem seem to run hand in hand.

cheers Ian

Damage to front tyres may have been done prior to top mount bearing being replaced. Was the tracking and toe checked after the jobs completion?. I know some garages do this check, whilst others dont stating that its not covered by the warranty.
I liked the Qubo a lot, but eating front tyres and two sets of top mounts in 10.000 miles, sorry Fiat not the way to keep customers.

cheers Ian

I was fortunate to have noticed the heavy tyre wear first with our Qubo. about 3 weeks later the top mounts went, and were changed along with the front tyres. (this was at just under 6.000 miles).
As the car crept towards the 10.000 mile mark I noticed the heavy tyre wear in the inside of both front tyres again, and shortly after heard the dreaded click of the top mount bearings again, so we decided enough was enough and parted company with our Qubo.
Please dont get me wrong, I think the Qubo is a well thought out and designed car, but it has a problem, weak spot , call it what you want, at the front end which Fiat must address. Can you imagine the cost of getting the top mount bearings replaced along with 2 new tyres once the car is out of warranty????.
We are now coming up for 5.000 miles with our 1.4 crdi Kia Venga, the front tyres look as though they have done nothing, yet the qubo required nes tyres at this time.
I reckon i've said enough on the subject, but it would be nice to get some feedback from Fiat as to what their plans are once the Qubo runs out of warranty, as its owner who hang onto their cars that will be hit hardest in their pockets.

cheers Ian

Had wheels tracked on saturday. And the tracking was out,also feels alot better on the road now, it's funny how you adapt to your cars handling un till it's put right!
Also had the tyres filled with nitrogen--apparently this is better than air?
Luigi

Had wheels tracked on saturday. And the tracking was out,also feels alot better on the road now, it's funny how you adapt to your cars handling un till it's put right!
Also had the tyres filled with nitrogen--apparently this is better than air?
Luigi

Morning 2668GRIFFIN,

Wow, thats a new one......never come across it before. Not sure what the properties of nitrogen are !! but will be sure to check it out over the next few days.

Take care, Qube O.:eek:

Morning 2668GRIFFIN,

Wow, thats a new one......never come across it before. Not sure what the properties of nitrogen are !! but will be sure to check it out over the next few days.

Take care, Qube O.:eek:

Had a look, and really can't see any real point in it. Like Most Easterly Pandas said, as soon as you top your tyre pressure up with 'air' it negates the nitrogen. At least thats according to the AA.

Nice one........take care Qube O.:confused::confused:

Back