General Two weeks in a panda

Currently reading:
General Two weeks in a panda

rfarey

Hi All
In the spirit of Si's recent thread and to encourage all you out there, here is a description of a little trip that Bryony and I made in our Panda over the summer.......

We took the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao and then drove about 500 miles all the way down to Murcia in the south east of spain to a mates villa where we met up with a few friends

We stayed at the villa for a few days and did a bit of eating, drinking, and sailing and then said our goodbyes and headed off on a meandering route home. First job was to drop two friends off a Valencia airport, so that was 4 large adults, 4 lots of luggage and all our camping gear (tent, table chairs, gas stove, etc etc) 160 miles up the coast by lunch time, and then on to Tarragona another 160 miles up the coast for our first nights camping.
Next day we were up and off and over the Pyrenees through Andorra (where you couldn't move for panda trekkings') to bag another country which makes 37 now (counting the whole of the UK as one).

Lunch at Soldeu and then down the other side to Luzenac for a night under canvas by a babbling mountain stream.....ahhhh

IMG_3462.jpg

From Luzenac it was more mountains

IMG_3469.jpg

and then across to Biarritz for a couple of days r&r oh, and some laundry and pizza and beer.

IMG_3521.jpg

Next we headed inland again to St Emilion and then on to Puisseguin where I had worked picking grapes as a student in 1982. We actually managed to find the chateaux and have a fab night there as the guest of the son of the man I had worked for, with full french hospitallity, a lot of wine and some 1964 Armaniac - heavens nectar

IMG_3563.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

We couldn't really top that as it was completely unexpected. I didn't even think that I would be able to find the place.
Next stop was Amboise.....

IMG_3607.jpg

Then Arramanche with a quick look at Gold, Sword, Juhno, Utah and Obamma beaches and of to Cherborg for the ferry home..

IMG_3619.jpg

What did we learn????

Well, Andorra is full of these..

IMG_3457.jpg

France has less of these than we remember.....

IMG_3475.jpg

French people are really nice and have lots of this.....

IMG_3564.jpg

Don't park too close to one of these or people get confused and you can't get back in your car......

IMG_3453.jpg

Oh yes, Pandas rock :slayer:, but we knew that already.

I didn't do the full keeping a check on mileage and mpg and all that, but I think we managed about 2500miles most of it in 8 days taking off time for lazing around at the villa, Bairritz and St Emilion.

We had a ball and you should all try something similar....recommended!

Fantastic!(y) would love to do something like that, just need to get a Panda first, haha.

Did Croatia and back in a Cinq' 3 years ago which was fun, but it'd be more fun in Panda i reckon!

Nice story (y)

I've considered a European road trip in the Panda, but I can't see it happening now I've got the Barchetta - it's faster :D and the wheel's on the correct side for driving on the continent..

Cheers,

Plug

Hi there Rob,

Looks like you had a good trip too, wish I had seen as many panda's while out and about. We did pass one in amsterdam who had an enthusiastic owner too.

Also sounds like you had a good french experience too. I found most of the french quite freindly till we got to Paris. Then they were less polite and helpful, and really wound my friend up :eek: Perhaps I need to explore the area's you went. If I can improve my damn french pronounciation!! Its terrible :eek: Although I did ask an english tourist (as it turned out :eek:) in french how to get to the Louvre!! Ahem!

Glad to hear you had a great panda'mic :devil:

Cheers,
Si

Back