Untitled 1.png

Cinquecento tweaty

Introduction

helow hears me car its got a 1.242 16v and i whant to put a 1.4 8v in and turbo within the year tell me what you think as she is
1.4 8v, are you sure? I know of one that was turboed, died quick. 16v n/a is also not easily turboed, you would really need a 1.4 t-jet base for that.

yes i have thught about it but it will cost less in the short turm to put a 1.4 in becuse my engine isent going to last long the i can save up for lowcomprestion pistons and a biger head gasket and it should handle the power i think

ive just looked in to a super charger and it says you need a very strong engin becuse it takes power to make power kind of thing

If you'd read further, you'd see that most established tuners recommend superchargers for road use.

Centrifugal ones don't use a lot of power, but they're not cheap (Rotrex, etc.).

It's fairly easy to make 130+ bhp from a turbo 1.1 8v, but getting the power down is the issue and keeping the engine in one peice. This won't affect you on the drag strip, but may make life a pain on the street.

You need (at least) low CR, MPI, aftermarket ECU, lots of special fabrication. If you can't do it DIY, easily £4,000. And you still have to sort out the handling.........

You can buy a half way decent MR2 turbo for that or a good Mini Cooper S works for an extra 2k, neither of which will have any problems putting down 200bhp plus.

Your call. Have you checked insurance?

so when you say 1.4 8v which engine do you actually mean? As there is a modern 1.4 8v but the PGT engine is also 1.4 8v turbo..

Either way i think its silly idea tbh. Easiest way to turbo that car would be just to take the 16v head off and replace it with say a P75 head (mpi) or late p60 head (spi) and then stick turbo gubbins on. It would have lower CR already without messing with pistons or having a decomp plate made up. Then its just a matter of how to control the fuelling etc.

There's been a Mk1 Punto with a Rotrex supercharger on it in Udine for a while (last I read, was waiting for a replacement gearbox.........). A search will find. Can't see anything other than a centrifugal charger fitting in a Cinq.

If 1.4, go T Jet (500 Abarth), but expect insane amounts of torque steer.

so when you say 1.4 8v which engine do you actually mean? As there is a modern 1.4 8v but the PGT engine is also 1.4 8v turbo..

Either way i think its silly idea tbh. Easiest way to turbo that car would be just to take the 16v head off and replace it with say a P75 head (mpi) or late p60 head (spi) and then stick turbo gubbins on. It would have lower CR already without messing with pistons or having a decomp plate made up. Then its just a matter of how to control the fuelling etc.
i havent heard that befor do you no how much it will lower it buy

the best option you have is to leave it 1242 16v and get it chipped along with a bigger throttle body and port the head and inlet and you will see 100bhp useable power which will make for a rapid car.

supercharging these engines is a very very bad idea unless you can find a reliable way to to drive. only way i found when looking into it was to get a crank and crank pully modified to handle the extra force on it, which could cost a small fortune, but there again saying that all of the advice given to you on here will have fallen on deaf ears. some of the best and fastest cinqs on here are 1242 16v N/A as the turbo ones tend to be abit on the mad side.

that harsh boost spike the 8v turbo's have which people complain about is probably my favourite thing about my sei tub. Does make them a bit, shall we say tricky. But puts a huge grin on your face lol. Depends what your after really which way to go.

but i agree with just sticking a turbo on an 8v won't make anything much faster than a 16v na. You will ultimately be able to make it faster but a basic turbo converted 8v will be similar in speed to a 1.2 16v in all but a drag race where the extra turbo torque should win (in theory).

that harsh boost spike the 8v turbo's have which people complain about is probably my favourite thing about my sei tub. Does make them a bit, shall we say tricky. But puts a huge grin on your face lol. Depends what your after really which way to go.

but i agree with just sticking a turbo on an 8v won't make anything much faster than a 16v na. You will ultimately be able to make it faster but a basic turbo converted 8v will be similar in speed to a 1.2 16v in all but a drag race where the extra turbo torque should win (in theory).

Plus, nothing gets wh*res like a turbo ;) Engine swaps are getting old now and turbo conversions are the way forward ;)

right i do take in what every one say and think about and look in to so ur opinion dose mean a lot to me becuse id hate to say it but im a novie with fiat engine and proper moding lol. the engine as ive said is a 1.242 16v punto mk2 thats why im debating a turbo. i think i will get that head then in sted of low comprestion pistons.

Back