General Turning 60...

Currently reading:
General Turning 60...

gar074

Prominent member
For the last few months, I've been idly wondering which of us would turn 60 first - my B, which was on 58k miles when I put her back on the road in May, or me.

As of this morning, my B wins :D

As this weekend will probably be her last outing for this year, by the time I drive her next, I'll have caught up :(

I bought her as a 50th birthday present to myself (well, nobody else was going to) and despite the odd wrinkle, I think she's wearing her age pretty well, and probably better than I am (although she was grey long before I was ;) )

We both groan first thing in the morning, we creak and rattle more than we used to, and our circuitry isn't 100% reliable (trying to avoid tacky innuendo about big ends at this point...), but there's plenty of life left in both of us, dammit. (y)

Happy 60's to you both. Even stevens then, my girl is 77.8k and I am 62 so I am the youngster. Still good weather here SW France so no way she is being put to bed yet.
Steve

Thats a great post Gareth! I too got my car for my fiftieth and I was 57 in April. I have done less than 6000 miles since I have had her but she is already older than me in terms of miles. ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1444579288.883480.jpg Many happy returns mate! S

Sent from my iPhone using FIAT Forum

OK, no rude comments from Richpea please, ours has done 229,000 kms and I am considerably younger than that, by lots, by lots of lots in fact. By so many I can't even calculate the percentage because I am too stupid to work it out on the calculator. (I do adding and taking away and that's about it) and yes I do remember standing up as a class after Friday Assembly reciting our times table...

Thank you for being so gracious (or a bulls*****r). Just remember "Never Bulls*** a Bulls*****r.
Steve, who turned 63 last weekend in Miami... now I feel old having seen some of the stuff being strutted down there! :eek::eek::eek:

I've seen more cloth on a dish cloth, have they no shame?

Fortunately no.:rolleyes:

Back