General Turn left, turn left.....

Currently reading:
General Turn left, turn left.....

Fast Finger

Established member
oops. :eek:

Whilst my car is off the road i have borrowed what used to be my old Tipo.

But whilst driving down the A19 my left fron indicator decided to fall off....and smash to a million pieces :rolleyes:

Now i cant really give the car back like that sooo. does anyone know of a scrap yard that has one in. Preferably in or near to Hartlepool? Or does anyone have one they would like to exchange for sterling?

Cheers all

Mk2 indicator.. It took me ages to find a replacement for my black tipo's indicator. Not seen any Tipos in scrap yards around Hartlepool for ages.

Keep an eye on the 'fiats in breakers yards' thread.

Oh and they fall out quite a lot. The little grey pin usually is still there but the D rings tend to break.

In Greece you can find a new front indicator with only 5 euros if it' s imitation and approximately 15 euros if it' s original.
Ι changed 1 year ago the front lights (the whole mechanism) and it crossed my mind to change also the orange indicators with white one's, so I had looked the prices for that change. Finally, I decided to keep the old one's as I thought it didn' t worth changing them. The lights change was made to impove the safety and the cost is not a parameter at that case, the indicators change would be an aesthetics change and so it was "rejected" :D

Just the wires were left hanging out of an empty space.

To make it even better, the car is one im using as mine broke down. Today, as i was just about to turn off the A19 into bracken hill ind estate (pretty tight turn off) the brakes failed.
Had to use handbrake and plenty of sideways motion to make it round the bend without hitting the armco.

Things just keep getting better. :bang:

Hellcat said:
Glad you're ok..

Now I can say... Didn't you work on the brakes about a year ago? :p :chin:

:p Yeah i did some work on them. Well replaced the bleed nipples as they had siezed (changed subframe over), will be looking tomorrow morning to see whats happened but the reserviour (sp) is bone dry.

Lagdti said:
A bit of advice,Fast Fingers.....

DON'T PICK YOUR NOSE.....

With your luck,you'll head'll cave in.:)

No im saving nose picking for later. After all, i need something to do whilst waiting for a tow after next breakdown :rolleyes:

*Quickly runs off to find some wood to touch! (then remember head)*

By the way Lagdti i noticed the

Motor Vehicle Technician and MOT Tester
(AND Italian car nut...... )

as your sig.

Well...when i fisrt glanced at it i read (AND Italian cu*t...... ) :p Made me laugh anyway (y)

Before work i checked where the brake fluid was coming from, and it appears to be the nearside drum. Its probably the piston seals as god only knows when the shoes were last changed.
And before Hellcat says anything, no i didnt touch the rear brakes before :p

These look like they have never been taken off in years and so may prove difficult so.... Any advice on taking these off as im sure a few of you on here will have done this before. (and does the piston off any other car go straight on incase it needs replacing?)

Cheers all, and wish me oily luck (y)

Rear drums on a diesel tipo.. Oh god not again!

wheel off, 2x 12mm bolts off. Then you need to twist, hit, pull, bribe the drum off. There is a good chance the drums may be worn past the allowed limit. The brake cylinders arn't too expencive and Partco can get them in. If they ask you want the big version (22mm rather than 19mm).

Hellcat said:
Rear drums on a diesel tipo.. Oh god not again!

wheel off, 2x 12mm bolts off. Then you need to twist, hit, pull, bribe the drum off. There is a good chance the drums may be worn past the allowed limit. The brake cylinders arn't too expencive and Partco can get them in. If they ask you want the big version (22mm rather than 19mm).

Cheers Rob, hope it wont come to that as its only a lone car really, but if needs be then so be it.

How can i tell if they are below the wear limit?

(Gets the BIG hammer ready)

Back