General Turbo bonnet?!

Currently reading:
General Turbo bonnet?!

I have a question about the air intake on Marea turbos bonnet, what are they used for? dummys? cold air to cool engine? air to airfilter?

Attachments

• marea-turbo.jpg
    marea-turbo.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 186
This is the inside of the bonnet.
It looks like the air intakes are just ventilation for the engine compartment.
But the intakes give the bonnet a little cool look!
Nice looking Marea by the way!

Attachments

• 717884_9.jpg
    717884_9.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 717884_8.jpg
    717884_8.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Hi!

There are currently two versions of these air intakes.

The newer ones costs roughly about 63 pounds (two air intakes and two backpannels already primed and ready for paint).

The price may go even lower, because this is the pre-discount value (it should go lower at about 10%).

HOWEVER, I am not certain they would properly fit on a 'regular' 20v, since the turbo engined Marea has a slightly different arrangement of parts (under the hood wise :) ). Not only this, but the backpanel is mounted via a set of 8 (if I recall correctly) screws, so there will be, at least, light modding of the hood required (not to mention the cutting part).

Here is a screen of the correspondent Fiat Parts Catalog's page.

Cheers.

Attachments

• hood.jpg
    hood.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 42
So it doesn't come as a complete bonnet?
Just mines has been dented so am needing a new one.
Hoped I'd be able to source a complete turbo bonnet, looks like I can't! :(

Well, I suppose you can buy one at e-bay or it's Brazilian equivalent (www.mercadolivre.com.br). These, of course will have been taken from already assembled cars, so you won't really be buying a brand new bonnet...

Also, because of the air-intakes and the way they are fitted (screws and all), the Marea Turbo's bonnet has a completely different parts' number, since it has to have the mounting holds for the screws and the holes for the air intakes.

Your best and cheapest bet is still to buy just the air intake and it's backpannel and have some car shop fit them into your bonnet. It'll be WAY cheaper.

Cheers

Back